Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings from sunny South Africa,

Here is my 85" FJ60. The old girl has a 2nd Gen 1UZ-FE swap with A650E 5 speed auto, standard transfer case.
Standard gearing, standard leaf springs, OME dampers, Everything else is bone stock.
Running on 33" Maxxis AT980 Bravos the BFGs in the pics attached were pretty much done so I swapped them out.

So this is going to mainly be used as a hunting and fishing vehicle. WAF( Wife acceptance factor) = 0

Mods for the future:
Respray ( rust is creeping in)
Brakes ( Lines, booster, master cylinder, rotors, calipers )
*Possibly a manual gearbox.
Headlight Upgrade
Suspension (OME leaf pack front and rear )
Locker in the rear
Roof Rack
Bull bar
Snorkel

Cheers

20170603_090104.jpg

20170603_085834.jpg

Welcome. Nice looking 60. Only issue with your post is the pictures are reversed as the steering wheel is on the wrong side! :)

As you likely already know, lots of information and people who like to share their common passion here.

Welcome. Nice looking 60. Only issue with your post is the pictures are reversed as the steering wheel is on the wrong side! :)

As you likely already know, lots of information and people who like to share their common passion here.
Thank you sir, I forgot to include a steering rack upgrade in my future mods. I've already learnt heaps from the public threads on this forum. Look forward to learning more.

Thank you sir, I forgot to include a steering rack upgrade in my future mods. I've already learnt heaps from the public threads on this forum. Look forward to learning more.
Looks like a great setup. People here will want to see pics of the 1UZ swap. What did the donor motor come out of?

Looks like a great setup. People here will want to see pics of the 1UZ swap. What did the donor motor come out of?
It came out of an LS400. It's got toyota badges all over it. I'd be happy to send pics. I didn't consider oil pan being very close to the diff housing. I'm going to put a rear oil pan in to clear it. Another small issue is vibration in the drive shaft at 40mph. Still need to diagnose that.

It came out of an LS400. It's got toyota badges all over it. I'd be happy to send pics. I didn't consider oil pan being very close to the diff housing. I'm going to put a rear oil pan in to clear it. Another small issue is vibration in the drive shaft at 40mph. Still need to diagnose that.
Good day - interested in the pics and swap information. Thinking about a similar setup for my 60. Did you have any information on pros/cons and or difficulties with it?
Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom