Introducing myself and cold day engine dying issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

My names Andy I'm from Christchurch New Zealand!

I have a vx 80 series 1992, 2" lift, running 16 " 305 x 70 mud tyres, Safari snorkel , Arb bullbat! Few other things done!use it for launching jet boat nd hunting/fishing!

Coming into winter nd last two mornings have been first frosts!

Start the truck nd runs a bit rough back out the drive nd it dies trying to take off. Start it again after a bit of winding over runs rough take off get 100 metres nd slow for stop sign nd it dies. Feels like no power there trying to accelerate. Does come right! Once I get started nd on open road! Seems to be wen I'm slowing with know acceleration! Have changed fuel filter yesterday but no fix! First start its starts as normal but after it dies it takes some winding over for it to start!

Any advice would be great!!

Cheers in advance!

image.jpg

Sounds like a vacuum related leak associated with the intake hose or any other vacuum hose. When the engine is cold the leak presents itself more so than when temps are warm (rubber expands sealing leak). Check all intake hoses after the air flow meter for looseness or cracks.

Nice rig BTW and Welcome to Mud!

Sounds like a vacuum related leak associated with the intake hose or any other vacuum hose. When the engine is cold the leak presents itself more so than when temps are warm (rubber expands sealing leak). Check all intake hoses after the air flow meter for looseness or cracks.

Nice rig BTW and Welcome to Mud!
Cheers for that I'll have a look!

I'd say that's a JDM import HDJ81, so I would be looking at air leaks in the fuel system, old flexible lines can crack over time and clamps loose tension, allowing air in.

I'd say that's a JDM import HDJ81, so I would be looking at air leaks in the fuel system, old flexible lines can crack over time and clamps loose tension, allowing air in.
Had bloody good frost today up in the back country and a lot worse today! Will look over fuel lines better again today! Also have heard these have a cold start feature on the pump that people remove as can cause issues for the pump! Just looking for any ideas really! Cheers

Yeah, the ACSD Can cause problems from what I've heard, mine has never been a problem, but have had it deleted on the new fuel pump.

One hint when you're on this site, most members are in the U.S. Where they didn't get diesel trucks, so I found it best to state that it's a diesel so that other members can point you in the right direction

Yeah, the ACSD Can cause problems from what I've heard, mine has never been a problem, but have had it deleted on the new fuel pump.

One hint when you're on this site, most members are in the U.S. Where they didn't get diesel trucks, so I found it best to state that it's a diesel so that other members can point you in the right direction
Ohh good point! Cheers for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom