Introduce yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh hotdogs, I can see my post from last year was full of all kinds of useful information...or not. I see that akoutdoors and I are close to the same part of Idaho so that's pretty cool. When I'm there that is. Started working overseas in Nov 2007, 3 years after I retired from the Navy. I lived in Layton, UT during the time in between and worked for UPRR in the North SLC yard. Not a fan of traffic so I relocated to Elko and then to Poki. Kinda regret leaving UPRR but at the time it seemed like the financial choice to make. Now I'm kinda locked into this gig as home is far from decent jobs and at 60, it's difficult to start a new carrier. So telecom and IT overseas seems to be the best at this point. I did drive my 80 this past summer but no real long trips. Not sure if I have a bad head gasket or leaking freeze plug but it tends to drink water. Hope to meet you all some year or at least visit the page more often. My brain tends to switch which hobby it enjoys at the moment. Cheers and enjoy the year. As you can see from the car behind, I came through UT to get to ID. Was planning to visit a friend in Grand Junction but will save that for another trip.

20160528_162414.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, let's see some pics of the new rig

Welcome!

Good looking rig, I notice your info says you are in eagle mountain. You might want to post up in the Wasatch cruisers forum....

Hey folks, I just moved to St. George Utah and picked up a 91 FJ80. I'm completely new to everything and doing lots of research on how to fix various minor issues with it.

IMG_3219.jpeg

Anyway, are people still meeting up? It would be awesome to meet other owners in the area and chat about land cruisers and maybe take them for an outing.

Welcome to the neighborhood :)

Recent rumors are that a club get-together will be coming soon....

I started the meet up rumors and I need to follow through but lately I've been consumed with this:
IMG_20200117_210748546.jpg

Hey all, I moved to Cedar City about a year ago and finally got my fj60 back on her feet. I'd love to meet up sometime and see who all is around.

Little bit about me and my 60: I recently graduated with a degree in geology and got a job down here doing GIS for Sunrise Engineering, just had my first daughter in December. I started an LS swap in my 60 before this job opened up so I was driving back and forth to SE Idaho trying to get it good enough to get on a trailer and bring it down. Just recently finished it up, or at least enough to start driving around again. I've still got plenty of bugs to work out.

That’s awesome. Would love to do an LS swap one day. Just had a baby a week ago so once that calms down along with this corona virus stuff I would love to do a trail with some other people and talk shop.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can get some posted up later tonight. Congrats on the new baby!

Yo! Picked up an 97 Lexus LX450 in May '20, here in St. George, where I live. This is my first off- road vehicle, and I'm super stoked that I ended up with a Land Cruiser. The more I learn the more excited I get about the possibilities. Unfortunately, I'm mechanically impaired, so I'm learning as I go. Thanks in advance for your patience with me and my questions. If you're in Southern Utah, hit me up, let's Cruise!!

Yo! Picked up an 97 Lexus LX450 in May '20, here in St. George, where I live. This is my first off- road vehicle, and I'm super stoked that I ended up with a Land Cruiser. The more I learn the more excited I get about the possibilities. Unfortunately, I'm mechanically impaired, so I'm learning as I go. Thanks in advance for your patience with me and my questions. If you're in Southern Utah, hit me up, let's Cruise!!
Post pics!

Hey all I just picked up my first 94’ LC! 290k miles and running beautifully. This is my first off road vehicle/build. Although I’m really new to all this I’m super passionate already. Hit me up if anyone wants to cruise!

B3B961DB-47BE-4B51-AA7B-376179426575.jpeg

D6724511-5430-4F6E-956F-599C84D83187.jpeg

308F97CF-14D0-45F3-BC32-C8C37A8B4063.jpeg

680FEC34-B1EB-4E65-836C-32D30F64036C.jpeg

B3DAAA44-1CFB-4322-8B24-FDE1A73BEC58.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom