Intro... 2011 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's really straightforward to fit you'll need 30-25mm offset so like a stock wheel + 1" or 1.25" spacer, or an equivalent wheel. As far as I know only Evocorse makes a 35mm offset 18" wheel. I'm currently running a Method 701 which is 25mm and it's tight but not touching.

Don't worry about this. People tend to baby AHC and make it the boogie man, and you just don't. My truck is sensor lifted since the day I got it and I'm 1000-1500 pounds over stock. There are some trucks even heavier. @MTKID is running 40s (or maybe 42s these days) on stock AHC. It's not fragile.

If you want to level it, just adjust the front sensors. 5 minutes in your driveway.
Well.... did a little FB Marketplace searching and found some 2007 Tundra 18" wheels. Came with well worn, but still usable for 5-10k miles, Geolander 275/65/r18 A/T tires. $300 for all four and look pretty clean and straight! Figured at that price, it's definitely worth a go!

Think these might be the same that I saw @LCHardriver_02 is running and curious about how they will fit up. Plan on rattle can graphite color with a little gloss and then to Discount Tire for mounting and TPMS switch on Saturday. At the same time, will probably level by doing the sensor lift up front.

BTW, if DT says the tires are no good, I will probably go up a size and pull the trigger on new ones. But if I can get a little use out of these for now, that would be sweet.

Tundra Wheels.jpg

Well.... did a little FB Marketplace searching and found some 2007 Tundra 18" wheels. Came with well worn, but still usable for 5-10k miles, Geolander 275/65/r18 A/T tires. $300 for all four and look pretty clean and straight! Figured at that price, it's definitely worth a go!

Think these might be the same that I saw @LCHardriver_02 is running and curious about how they will fit up. Plan on rattle can graphite color with a little gloss and then to Discount Tire for mounting and TPMS switch on Saturday. At the same time, will probably level by doing the sensor lift up front.

BTW, if DT says the tires are no good, I will probably go up a size and pull the trigger on new ones. But if I can get a little use out of these for now, that would be sweet.

View attachment 3176959
Nice find. These weigh less than 30 lbs i believe. So definitely a good option. I rattle canned my rock warriors and it has held up for the past 18months fine. That was the first time i'd done anything like that.

Nice find. These weigh less than 30 lbs i believe. So definitely a good option. I rattle canned my rock warriors and it has held up for the past 18months fine. That was the first time i'd done anything like that.

Great tires too

Great tires too
Yeah, run the Geolanders on my Titan XD and have enjoyed their versatility.

Decided to mount first and then see from there... think it looks pretty good, but definitely going to move up to 285/70 (think that's as big as I can go feeling the UCA's behind the current tire... without spacers) on my next set of rubber. DT said that I can probably get 5-10k miles out of these, so gives me some time to ponder. Here are some pics. Measured the stance today after the change out and only have a 1" front to back rake, not too bad, but looks like more to me for some reason.

wheel change 1.jpg

wheel change 2.jpg

Hello All... a couple of updates and a question or two.

First, I posted this in a separate thread, but I'm in search of some OEM front skids for the LX. Mine are rusted and would love to find someone that has done an upgrade that may have some laying around and willing to part with. Please PM me if you have a set... Thanks. (For reference, here is a pic)

Skid 1.jpg

Second.... Think I have finally settled in on my Tire/Wheel decision and will begin the search. I like the Tundra wheels and have considered keeping, but after a week of looking it over, want to go a different direction all together. Just don't think I can achieve the look in my mind with these.

Please check my math and theory on 'no rubbing' for the following set up:
Note: I have considered wheel spacers for current Tundra wheels, but after much reading, have decided to go the direction of a different wheel offset, no spacers.

• Wheel: Looking at Method wheels in 18" with +25 or +35mm offset
  • Tire: 285/70/18 in an A/T tire like KO2, Wildpeaks, or Toyo variations... pretty open here as there are lots of great tires out there.
I will also do a 'half' move on the front sensors to see if that will give me a 1 inch lift up front. Pretty sure this will keep my wheel alterations to a minimum, maybe even just removing mud flaps, to prevent any rub spots.

Thoughts are welcome!

Second.... Think I have finally settled in on my Tire/Wheel decision and will begin the search. I like the Tundra wheels and have considered keeping, but after a week of looking it over, want to go a different direction all together. Just don't think I can achieve the look in my mind with these.

Please check my math and theory on 'no rubbing' for the following set up:
Note: I have considered wheel spacers for current Tundra wheels, but after much reading, have decided to go the direction of a different wheel offset, no spacers.

• Wheel: Looking at Method wheels in 18" with +25 or +35mm offset
  • Tire: 285/70/18 in an A/T tire like KO2, Wildpeaks, or Toyo variations... pretty open here as there are lots of great tires out there.
I will also do a 'half' move on the front sensors to see if that will give me a 1 inch lift up front. Pretty sure this will keep my wheel alterations to a minimum, maybe even just removing mud flaps, to prevent any rub spots.

Thoughts are welcome!
Certainly on the right track. +35mm offset Method's would be best, but probably not a big deal if you really like one of the +25. I wouldn't get too optimistc about not having to touch the fender well plastics. With that size tire, you'll have to make some adjustments, and doing the 1" lift will make no difference to how much you have to adjust.

Updates...

First 'family' road trip to west TX in the LXCRZR... quick observation, the OEM crossbars SUCK. Not even a fully loaded car top carrier and the thing wanted to fly off the top of the vehicle almost immediately. Nursed it all the way, if a crosswind hit, I had to drop below 60mph to get it to stop from flying away. All due to a crazy amount of flex in the crappy bars. Just ordered a set of LFD Ruggidized Cross Bars, should be in just in time for ski trip.

Otherwise, road great with everyone comfortable... can't believe the vehicle has over 200k mi. on it.

Second big change... just got new shoes. Went with 275/70/r18 Pathfinder AT's from Discount T. Really happy with the size and look of the tire. All specs check out and will do everything I need them to do for $252 a tire. Hard price to beat and they look great IMO. I was seriously contemplating changing the wheels at the same time, but decided to give the old Tundra wheels a chance with the new shoes and it really improved the overall look of the set up. Will probably stick with them for a while now and spend money on other upgrades.

Anyway, that's it for now. Always love the feedback if you have any!

LX570 new tires.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom