intermittent P2418 code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, i've read all the searchable content, but still would like some professional thoughts before i dig in... For the past 3 weeks, the CEL comes on and spits out the P2418 code for Evap Valve control circuit open- It'll stay off for a week or so after deleting the code, then come back on. I get no other codes, which is good. It seems to come on when my tank gets below half full, and 2 of the three times has been on when in on the highway on-ramp. When i get where im going I also notice a slight gas smell that seems to be around the rear of the car- not from the filler cap, so i'm assuming from the charcoal canister area. There is no gas smell under the hood.
So before i dig into the stuff at the rear of the car, if the evap valve under the hood is bad (which seems to be the most common cause) would this cause the gas smell at the rear? i'm assuming so since this is where the vent/backup would be, but want to be sure to start at the right end before i go randomly replacing parts that don't need to be messed with.
It seems to be rare on here that the P2418 is the only code showing when it has to do with the valve at the canister- thoughts?

Yes, i've read all the searchable content, but still would like some professional thoughts before i dig in... For the past 3 weeks, the CEL comes on and spits out the P2418 code for Evap Valve control circuit open- It'll stay off for a week or so after deleting the code, then come back on. I get no other codes, which is good. It seems to come on when my tank gets below half full, and 2 of the three times has been on when in on the highway on-ramp. When i get where im going I also notice a slight gas smell that seems to be around the rear of the car- not from the filler cap, so i'm assuming from the charcoal canister area. There is no gas smell under the hood.
So before i dig into the stuff at the rear of the car, if the evap valve under the hood is bad (which seems to be the most common cause) would this cause the gas smell at the rear? i'm assuming so since this is where the vent/backup would be, but want to be sure to start at the right end before i go randomly replacing parts that don't need to be messed with.
It seems to be rare on here that the P2418 is the only code showing when it has to do with the valve at the canister- thoughts?

Did you figure this out? I’m having the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom