Intermittent Horn, Fog Lights, Accessory Lights—DS Junction Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I guess it’s my turn for this. From the posts I’ve read, moisture appears to get behind the DS kick panel junction box and perhaps causes corrosion. One minute the fogs, horn and accessory lights are working (ash tray lights for example) and then they are not.

I’ve not seen a definitive solution to this. Replace the FR Fog relay on the backside of the kick panel my best bet? I’m running aftermarket LEDs on my Ironman bullbar. I may just wire them to an open switch blank on a separate relay but that still leaves the horn and accessory lights issue. They are working or not working in unison.

What is the common denominator between the three? I wonder if bending the hose of a bottle of electronic contact cleaner would be of benefit back there? I’m all ears on this one. I pulled the A-pillar trim and am not finding any wetness. This was right after a high-pressure manual car wash as well. Thanks!

We’re out in Copper Mtn so I’m working on it in the basement parking of our resort. I’m sure they love me. ;)

28159C45-F91A-4B6E-925E-3956CD94A896.jpeg

A4ABF00A-E301-4866-9341-3305B4318646.jpeg

That’s the first thing on the list when I get it home. Seems any corrosion already behind the junction box would remain, however.

Anybody else that has dealt with this able to chime in on their experiences? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom