Interlake run April 26th & 27th - info??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,

Gonna try and make this run. Hopefully the weather will be a little nicer than the Badlands run last month.

Is there any info on this ride yet? Are we joining another club or two from the local (Interlake) area?

The tow rig/trailer combo is ready. The Cruiser is running too (but there's always more I wanna do to it). Just wanna make sure it's gonna happen before I make the 3 hr drive over there. :)

Nick

Nick I havn't heard anything about it being open that week end down here, but I have been on a special team at work and haven't been out on the floor to talk to people. I'll do some checking around this week.

If they are open I'd love to go just depends on if the rig is back together yet.

Mark

Nick:
It's doubtful we'll have as many in attendance at Interlake as we did last month at Badlands. I for one will probably need that weekend to prepare for GSMTR and I think others may be in the same boat. Will let others speak for themselves though. Thanks for stepping up and taking the lead on pulling together a crew to meet up down there. It is really a cool place to wheel and anyone who goes will enjoy the challenges it presents.

Nick I havn't heard anything about it being open that week end down here, but I have been on a special team at work and haven't been out on the floor to talk to people. I'll do some checking around this week.

If they are open I'd love to go just depends on if the rig is back together yet.

Mark

Mark,

You hit my concern. The web site mentioned turkey hunting that weekend which is walk-in only. Didn't sound like wheeling was possible from the web page. But if there was some local club action we were joining with that's something different..

What's left on the rig that needs assembled?

Nick

We would like to go if I can get truck back together. The machine shop still has the short block but i am suppoed to be getting it back tommorow or Wendsday.

I cannot make it that Saturday. Gotta work late on Friday, gotta be at a nursing graduation thingy for the wife early Sunday. I have that Saturday off & plan to go to the Badlands for some fun instead. Anyone else up for that if the Interlake thing doesn't work for them? Later, Tony.

I have asked other guys at work that ride atv's and have been to Interlake every time it is open and none of them have heard anything about it being open for wheeling anytime soon. If anyone can get in contact with twentyfootdaredevil, he is our contact with the group that does the cleanup and trailmatanance at Interlake. I belive that Carl has his phone number.

AS for the rig I'm waiting for Carl to get the fenders mounted and I have a little more to finish on the twin sticks then i can bring it home and do the little things to finish it off. The biggest will be the exhaust. But Carl is trying to fit my rig in around his chimny buisiness and getting his own truck ready for GSMTR so its hit and miss on my truck. Which is fine because my schedual has gone haywire here at home.

Mark

Nick:
It's doubtful we'll have as many in attendance at Interlake as we did last month at Badlands. I for one will probably need that weekend to prepare for GSMTR and I think others may be in the same boat. Will let others speak for themselves though. Thanks for stepping up and taking the lead on pulling together a crew to meet up down there. It is really a cool place to wheel and anyone who goes will enjoy the challenges it presents.

Ron,

Don't be too quick in handing out praise to me fer rounding folks up. Just got a bill in the mail from the eye doc for what the insurance co. didn't pay. :rolleyes: That pretty much kills my "spare" cash for this month. So no wheeling for me other than my own backyard...which is fun fer about 20-30 minutes. I gotta get some rocks. :lol:

I also bought a 60 and a 62 in CBus, OH that I'll probably need to go get around the same time. Maybe next time...

Nick

I didn't get my block back until Friday so we won't make it.:mad: I still have to make a new cross member for the trans and finish with the parking brake also. At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to make the hoedown.:rolleyes:

At least it's on it's way back together. I'm puttin together a dual T-case set up with an 87' 5 speed & a H.D. clutch. Can't wait. Hope to see ya on the trails soon Bill. Later, Tony.

I'm puttin together a dual T-case set up with an 87' 5 speed & a H.D. clutch. Can't wait.
That's cool, I'll be picking your brain for info on that next time we get together.
I should be back together next weekend or shortly there after but will want to get some local road time to check for leaks and retorq stuff before any road trips.

Looks like this one isn't going to happen based on what I am reading. Doesn't matter for me anyway because I have a Final Exam on Saturday. Thanks for posting photos on the Badlands thread. Makes me miss wheeling! See you guys soon...I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom