Interior LED option on Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know interior lights come up every now and then. I decided to take a cheap chance on some Chinese LED's and they are actually pretty nice. They really are 190 Lumens (or so) and the color is a nice warm 3000 K. Here is the link below:

Warm White Car Interior 48 SMD LED Lamp Light Panel T10 Dome Bulb BA9S Adapter | eBay

They are very bright COB LED lights that fit in all three light boxes inside my 80 series. (Dome and both rear interior domes). There is an adhesive strip on the back that kind of holds it in place just enough to allow you to push the cover back on and keep the lights straight. But the adhesive does not stick well enough to hold it by itself. Time will tell if the LED gets hot enough to damage the dome covers because they are in direct contact with them. The lights come with a plug and play adapter that fits in both the bayonet and festoon mounts. If one does not work, chances are the light is in backwards on the festoon. It is easier to just reverse the plug on the adapter then to remove and turn the festoon. For a buck 36 each it is quite a deal that actually works (so far). I bought three and I am very happy with them. Keep in mind they are literally shipped on a slow boat from China so expect them to take up to two whole months to arrive. You can find the same kits that are in the US but they cost more.

I would like to find someone that can make a surround and cover for a light like this so I can mount it on my tailgate and under the hood. Let me know if anyone is interested in some 3D printing work to make something like this for these lights. Don't know if it is worth it compared to something already made. I haven't looked around yet.

I know interior lights come up every now and then. I decided to take a cheap chance on some Chinese LED's and they are actually pretty nice. They really are 190 Lumens (or so) and the color is a nice warm 3000 K. Here is the link below:

Warm White Car Interior 48 SMD LED Lamp Light Panel T10 Dome Bulb BA9S Adapter | eBay

They are very bright COB LED lights that fit in all three light boxes inside my 80 series. (Dome and both rear interior domes). There is an adhesive strip on the back that kind of holds it in place just enough to allow you to push the cover back on and keep the lights straight. But the adhesive does not stick well enough to hold it by itself. Time will tell if the LED gets hot enough to damage the dome covers because they are in direct contact with them. The lights come with a plug and play adapter that fits in both the bayonet and festoon mounts. If one does not work, chances are the light is in backwards on the festoon. It is easier to just reverse the plug on the adapter then to remove and turn the festoon. For a buck 36 each it is quite a deal that actually works (so far). I bought three and I am very happy with them. Keep in mind they are literally shipped on a slow boat from China so expect them to take up to two whole months to arrive. You can find the same kits that are in the US but they cost more.

I would like to find someone that can make a surround and cover for a light like this so I can mount it on my tailgate and under the hood. Let me know if anyone is interested in some 3D printing work to make something like this for these lights. Don't know if it is worth it compared to something already made. I haven't looked around yet.

Do you gave pics of lights on so I can see how bright they are. Thanks

I can't stand cold white, so it's nice to hear a recommendation on warm white.

Here are some photos. Sorry they took so long. I have been out of town. I did not take them at night so you cannot see what they would look like in the car, but it is kind of pointless. My camera would adjust for the light and correct for it. I could make the dimmest light look like a beacon.

x3eo8pE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom