Interest for a Vegas area TLCA chapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As you can tell from my nick, I live in Las Vegas. I own a '96 LX450 and one of the ultra-rare (so I'm told) North American '81 BJ42's (#000143 according to the VIN). Anyway, I'm kind of new to 4x4 and wanted to make some friends and run trails with other cruiser owners so I joined TLCA. Then I realized that the nearest chapters of the TLCA were in San Diego and Reno. Are there any TCLA members in Clark County, NV that want to join me in forming our own chapter? I'm actually shocked that there isn't a chapter here. We would basically "own" the Mojave Road since it's in our backyard. I really don't want to have to go out with one of the many jeep clubs in town and show up in my cruiser...or maybe I do, they might need help. ; )

Reply or PM me if you're in the area and are interested. I'm willing to do the paperwork and legwork to get it going. It would be fun to do our first trail run on our way to Overland West this year.

Cheers!

As you can tell from my nick, I live in Las Vegas. I own a '96 LX450 and one of the ultra-rare (so I'm told) North American '81 BJ42's (#000143 according to the VIN). Anyway, I'm kind of new to 4x4 and wanted to make some friends and run trails with other cruiser owners so I joined TLCA. Then I realized that the nearest chapters of the TLCA were in San Diego and Reno. Are there any TCLA members in Clark County, NV that want to join me in forming our own chapter? I'm actually shocked that there isn't a chapter here. We would basically "own" the Mojave Road since it's in our backyard. I really don't want to have to go out with one of the many jeep clubs in town and show up in my cruiser...or maybe I do, they might need help. ; )

Reply or PM me if you're in the area and are interested. I'm willing to do the paperwork and legwork to get it going. It would be fun to do our first trail run on our way to Overland West this year.

Cheers!
If you have Facebook, check out Vegas Toyota Trail Riders. Not a TLCA chapter, nor does their description sound like they want to be. But wheeling is wheeling, especially with other Toyotas.
If you find 5 more people who want to start a chapter, get with your Western Rep. Rob Tygart and he can help you out.
I have a sister and brother in Vegas, but never wheeled there.
Good luck

Nice, looks like you are well on your way. Good luck! I'll look forward to seeing the new/old chapter up and running. Say hi when you join the TLCA conference call for confirmation. I'm the TLCA Eastern Rep.

Will do! I'm already taking notes for an article for Toyota Trails on getting the band back together and planning the next Glitter Gulch Gambol (SNLC's signature annual event). I've got five people that are a solid yes and few on the fence. I have emails for another 40 former members I have yet to contact. I'm confident SNLC will come back and maybe I can pull people from the Facebook group you mention. I don't use Facebook at all so I may have to call in a favor to get somebody to post in that group for me.

Cheers!

Will do! I'm already taking notes for an article for Toyota Trails on getting the band back together and planning the next Glitter Gulch Gambol (SNLC's signature annual event). I've got five people that are a solid yes and few on the fence. I have emails for another 40 former members I have yet to contact. I'm confident SNLC will come back and maybe I can pull people from the Facebook group you mention. I don't use Facebook at all so I may have to call in a favor to get somebody to post in that group for me.

Cheers!
When do you think you will be up and running. I live in central NV but will move down that way when I retire. I am a TLCA member and was a member of Silver State land cruisers in the 70's when the club was in Reno. If you look in the last Toyota Trails you can see my by line & my Yellow FJ. I would have to be a associate member for a while but would come down when I could. There is a bunch of great trails here if anybody wanted to come up.