Installing factory intercooler to a non-intercooler LC200 (1VD-FTV) V8 TWIN TURBO DIESEL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I'm new owner of a 2017 LC200 V8 diesel. It is originally a non-intercooler model. I came across a factory Toyota intercooler and installed it today (see photo).

I'm unsure if this is a plug-n-play or do I require any ECU tuning.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Adnan

lc200_nonintercooled.png

Thanks for the mention @jomelo

When you cool an air charge, the engine will run leaner than previously. On a Petrol engine, this is an issue, as the combustion temperature is higher with a leaner mixture.

On a diesel, the combustion temperature cools as the mixture is made leaner. Therefore, you won't hurt the engine by not tuning it, but to maximize the benefit of the intercooler, you could either have the ECU remapped or potentially run a factory intercooled ECU.

I don't know the implications as far as comparability of the intercooler engine ECU and the non-intercooled ECU though.

To benefit from the top mount intercooler you require the plastic ducting that attaches to the bonnet and the plastic that fits over radiator support and the grill, this flows the to the intercooler.
These non intercooled versions are very detunned .So when tuned the gain will be impressive.

To benefit from the top mount intercooler you require the plastic ducting that attaches to the bonnet and the plastic that fits over radiator support and the grill, this flows the to the intercooler.
These non intercooled versions are very detunned .So when tuned the gain will be impressive.
Much appreciated! How do I get it tuned? Are there any settings you recommend?

I took it to an Ecu tuner who remaped the ECU .I asked for a safe tune and no visible Smoke.
I have similar car it had no intercooler and it is a manual transmission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom