Installing a Borla Exhaust - hardware requirement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m swapping out the exhaust for my current factory exhaust. Since the borla is a full cat back, what else should I purchase to make sure the swap goes smoothly. I’m thinking new gaskets, anyone know the bolt and nuts thread and length also thinking of new hangars.

Thanks

Buy new Toyota studs, nuts, and gaskets

Install complete.

The borla exhaust came with everything but the inlet pipe (driver side after the cat) and the install was pretty easy. Quality was 8.5 out of 10. I’m use to some nice really nice NSX/ISF exhaust so I’m being overly picky. The sound is perfect as it has a nice rumble but there’s no drone in the cabin. My wife even likes it.

The first exhaust shop tried charging me 300 so I ended up taking on the task myself.

1. Buy all three gaskets even though you only need two to swap in the borla exhaust. The third is for the inlet pipe / cat (driver side) since you’re already messing with the exhaust might as well swap out the old gasket. The inlet gasket did not want to fit and I had to file down the connecting inlet pipe down to make it perfectly circular, I don’t know when or where the burrs formed.

2. 6 bolts and nuts, why not use new ones while you’re at it.

3. I was able to reuse my oem hangars.

PB blast worked wonders for the old semi rusted bolts and nuts. I also had to cut two bolts with a saw because it just wouldn’t come out.

Last edited:
Update, the passenger side midpipe was poorly welded by Borla and it has a small leak. I haven’t been able to call Borla to have it corrected due to being busy at work. I’ll call them those week.

13FDB73E-B250-4219-A545-3A3EE92B1CAE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom