Inspection for LX 470 purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
chrispuga.myportfolio.com
Hi everyone,
I found a 2006 LX 470 that I might go for but I wanted to get someone to inspect it. I'm in Los Angeles and the guy I called was asking for $200 to inspect it which seems a little steep to me. Am I right or does anyone have any recommendations on where to find someone in LA (San Fernando Valley) to do this?

$200 to someone who really knows the 100 series platform, and its potential pain points, that prevents an expensive mistake (or provides pricing leverage), may be money well spent.

$200 to someone who really knows the 100 series platform, and its potential pain points, that prevents an expensive mistake (or provides pricing leverage), may be money well spent.
I agree - $200 is reasonable. It’s actually chump change when you consider the potential consequences of buying a money pit.

Yep. If it is a comprehensive PPI, that's easily an hour or two's work. $200 is quickly spent.
I have learned the hard way, best to pay for an alignment too. I have discovered bent suspension bits after purchasing a vehicle. My FZJ80. A normal PPI doesn't catch that.

Reasonable, can do one at Lexus dealer for ease of service but highly recommended to go a land cruiser shop like RPM garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom