Indian, Caribbean/Trinidad, Thai..SPICY!! Add Recipe HERE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
We love spicy food.. If it is in the 150,000 + Scoville Unit HOT... Add recipe here...

Sean/Sara, Dan, Drew and others... What ya got.

Today we added Curry Habanero Lamb and Serrano/Thai Butter Chicken to our Menu.. I added a little OB's to the Butter Chicken.

Post them up!

Lamb Curry

1-2 lbs lamb ( I use boneless leg)
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon roasted Geera (cumin)
2 scotch bonnet pepper (habanero)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium tomato
2 shallots
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 scallion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2-3 cups chicken stock

Butter Chicken
1 ½ cups full-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons ground turmeric
2 tablespoons garam masala
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless
¼ pound unsalted butter
4 teaspoons neutral oil, like vegetable or canola oil
2 medium-size yellow onions, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely diced
1 cinnamon stick
2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
2 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
Kosher salt to taste
⅔ cup chicken stock, low-sodium or homemade
1 ½ coconut cups cream
1 ½ teaspoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons ground almonds, or finely chopped almonds
½ bunch cilantro leaves, stems removed.

J

P1010170.JPG
P1010173.JPG
P1010176.JPG
P1010178.JPG

Last edited:
Nobody here likes spicy. Envy.

Well, at least I know where the money goes.

:lol:

O, if your talking to me.. HA! We only eat out probably 1-2 meals a month. Everything is homemade at out place. If you ever swing through, let me know and we'll whip up a dish or two for you.

Having lamb meatballs in a red wine sauce and gnocchi tonight.... HA!

J

Last edited:
How do you do your grocery shopping J? Do you plan the meals you're going to cook well in advance or do you just get a bit of everything at the store?

How do you do your grocery shopping J? Do you plan the meals you're going to cook well in advance or do you just get a bit of everything at the store?

M,

Andrea and I go to the store 3-5 times a week.. HA! Just depends on what hits us. Sometimes we make a menu, but for the most part not. Its just the two of us so we have learned to cut recipes in half unless it is something we really like and don't mind it for leftovers.

We love to cook. Even with our offices only 80 feet away from one another, it is "OUR" time and get to visit and talk about things. Making the more elaborate dishes = great quality time with each other.

J

I don't like stuff too hot, to much just kills my taste buds. I do like a variety of different chili flavors, but we always try to keep the heat down to the point we can still taste the personality of the peppers used.

I don't like stuff too hot, to much just kills my taste buds. I do like a variety of different chili flavors, but we always try to keep the heat down to the point we can still taste the personality of the peppers used.

X2, I love the taste of chilies, as in fresh. If I can't taste the flavor or have to pace my bites, it's getting too hot.

That's why I like growing chillies, they tend to hybridize with mild peppers so I can eat twice as many.:cool:

Well we couldn't decide what we wanted to eat today and wanted to be adventurous. So we made 3 different dishes..

Trinidad jerk chicken thighs, rogan josh lamb and a chocolate passila chicken with rice and homemade roti. The passila chocolate chicken has to be one of the most incredible dishes I have ever made.

J

P1020484.JPG
P1020485.JPG
P1020487.JPG
P1020474.JPG
P1020489.JPG

Been away for awhile guys. SORRY!

To start the New Year off right I made a Caribbean seafood chowder.

Orange Roughy
Mahi Mahi
Shrimp
Sweet potato
Bell pepper
White onion
Green onion
Habanero
Serano
Carribe
Garlic
Celery
Cane sugar
Coconut milk
Chicken stock
Thyme
Cumin
Salt and pepper
Cilantro and lime

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

Jason

P1110329.JPG
P1110330.JPG
P1110331.JPG
P1110334.JPG
P1110338.JPG

Very simple recipe for Cuban orange chicken.
Chicken breasts
Oranges
Sauvignon Blanc
Parsley
Habanero peppers
Butter
Separate meat from chicken breasts, cut in half long ways and pound out flat between Saran Wrap. Get butter smoking hot in a mineral steel pan and do a quick carmelization on the chicken breasts. Remove from pan. Do not cook through. Squeeze some orange juice into the pan and put on low heat. Add wine to taste. Cut habaneros into quarters and remove white pith and seeds with a very sharp knife and reserve. Do a very fine chop on the orange portion of the habanero and add to the pan until you like the flavor and heat. Use the white pith and or seeds to increase the heat to taste. Chop some fresh parsley and add to the pan to taste. Allow the mixture to thicken but not burn. Add a little salt. Return the chicken breast to the mixture and cook through. Serve the chicken covered with the sauce. Jasmine rice goes well with this.

So Veeci, is it Asian or Caribbean? Never heard of it, but have seen a similar a pepper at ethnic markets.

So Veeci, is it Asian or Caribbean? Never heard of it, but have seen a similar a pepper at ethnic markets.

It is Caribbean. Although now grown in the USA and Mexico for bulk distribution. Our local grocer always has them available.

It and the Fresno are my two standard peppers I use in most cooking. Then the Habanero, Jalapeno and Serrano are added or used pending what we are eating.

Jason

Went to school at UNM. This is my verson of the green chili stew featured at the Frontier Restaurant across from campus.
2 pounds of fresh ground pork. I like to roll it into 1/2 to 1 inch balls
1 large onion
1 to 2 potatoes, russet if leftovers will not be frozen, red potatoes if leftovers will be frozen
2 tubs of Bueno green chilies 2x medium, 1x mild and 1x hot.... Or 2x hot if that's your thing.
1 quart ( or more). Swanson low sodium chicken broth.
Some chopped tomatoe ( optional)
In a large deep skillet or sauce pan brown ground pork in hot oil. Remove meat and add roughly chopped onion. (Yellow is best)
Turn down heat to medium or low.
Peal and chop potatoe into 1/2 in squares. Add potatoe to onion.
Stir frequently. Browning is ok, but don't burn.
When it looks like it's cooking too much add chicken stock. Bring to a boil until potatoe is cooked through.
Add both tubs of frozen Bueno green chilies. (Available at Albertsons, or they can order by the case)
Return to a boil and then simmer for awhile.
Canned chilies don't work as well.
If you are a chilie-head, a breakfast drink can be made of just the chilies, onion, and chicken stock. It replaces your coffee.
Are you paying attention Jason?? Apologies to spressomon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom