In Search of the Super Flower Blue Blood Moon on the North Rim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad you made it back before the 60, 70, 177, and 77 were closed. :clap:
I was just talking to my wife about that this afternoon - I drove on three highways that are now closed and would have had to come back through Phoenix and Oracle Junction.

Smoke from the Mescal fire on Friday as seen from Winkelman
Mescal Friday.jpg

Smoke from the Telegraph fire on Tuesday afternoon as seen from Mammoth
Telegraph Tuesday from Mammoth.jpg

And we have a new one that popped up this morning. Spotted it coming up from Oracle Junction. Not even listed on Inciweb yet,
but looks like the Pinals or Mt Graham. My thoughts, we either we have a bunch of careless idiots out there or some fire bug with an agenda. :hmm:

And we have a new one that popped up this morning. Spotted it coming up from Oracle Junction. Not even listed on Inciweb yet,
but looks like the Pinals or Mt Graham. My thoughts, we either we have a bunch of careless idiots out there or some fire bug with an agenda. :hmm:
That's the Pinnacle Fire at Cottonwood Mountain.

Not sure if all these fires are on state or federal land. I know the fire north of Flagstaff is in a national forest. Over Memorial Day Coconino National Forest had over eighty illegal campfires that they know of of. This morning moving to stage two fire restrictions, county followed suite. Was already illegal to have campfires but that doesn't stop them. Really need to just close the forest completely no just being in there is illegal not worrying if they are going to have a campfire or not. Same with down south. Making it a crime just being there is a lot easier than trying to catch someone in the act of starting a fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom