Importing HJ61 from Ontario Canada to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am looking for some more info on importing a Canadian spec 1986 HJ61 Land Cruiser from Canada into the States. I have looked around and read that as long as the vehicle is older than 25 years old, importing is fairly straight forward and easy.

So, my questions are:

What do I need in terms of paperwork to legally import this vehicle into the USA? Emissions paper from Toyota??

What will it cost as far as duty and import taxes go? It would be gifted to me from a family member, so not sure if that would complicate things??? Or do I just need a paper stating that it was gifted, etc?

On import taxes, would the vehicle need to be appraised? Or does it go by book value?

If anyone has experience importing from Canada, I would be interested to hear how that went.

Thank you

Ok, thanks. I will do that.

But I must ask too, the vehicle will need to be trailered or shipped somehow. What paper work would be necessary for it coming across on a trailer or being shipped? Or would it be easier to import, and ship from a place in the states rather than shipping across borders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom