Importing a loose engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Curious if others have imported a loose engine without a vehicle? Talking a non emission 2F that would be going in a cruiser older than emissions anywhere in the US. Obviously over a thirty five year engine.

Another question would importing a diesel be any different?

Import any combustion engine you like that's over 21 years old. Hit me up if you need help getting one.

Do you source parts from Australia?

Sometimes, depends on what you're looking for as to where is the best place in the world to get it. Japan, Australia, Europe, Middle East, South America.

Sorry to hijack @Living in the Past. Curious what’s the advantages of a non USA 2F over just building one from the us without the smog stuff? It seems like my Australian troopy motor has more pep then the one in my 60 series.

Sorry to hijack @Living in the Past. Curious what’s the advantages of a non USA 2F over just building one from the us without the smog stuff? It seems like my Australian troopy motor has more pep then the one in my 60 series.

Late reply but really a number of reasons. The engine was too cheap to pass up. Would have been as much as it cost for just the air cleaner. I already have pallets worth of parts coming. So not looking at the cost of just shipping the engine by itself. Have drivetrain out of a 84 HJ47RV minus engine already here. Dating the engine I bought it was from a 84 model petrol FJ45. Would go in my 65 FJ45LP-B which is emissions exempt even here in Arizona where they still have emissions testing in back to 1967 models in parts of the state that require emissions. All I know about the engine is the oil is clean and turns over by hand easily. Made the decision to buy it by my gut feeling. We will see how that works out. In the past it done real well. It told me to avoid the hub caps that never happened from Pakistan and the tailgate they were going to be made in Costa Rica. Bought the tailgate from Kevin in Canada and hub caps from the now gone member in Oregon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom