Importing a FJZ80 into Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone imported an 80 into Canada? what fees did you have to pay at the border, and to register the Vehicle. Information on BC would be the best. Did you have to pay taxes in the states when you bought the vehicle? I've done some research, and this is what I've worked out so far:
RIV fee: 182.00 CAN
Excise:
- A/C 100.00 CAN
- Vehicle weight ???.?? CAN
Duty ????.?? CAN
GST 7.0%
PST 7.5%

Does anyone know how much the weight excise and import duty go for?
Any additional information would be great. I've read about the RIV program and the import process on the CCRA website, but I couldn't find hard numbers for the duty and excise for weight.
Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Welcome. Do a search - this has JUST been covered.

Shoot , sorry I can't recall the weight one . I wonder if Rob from BC will chime in . He is currently in the importation process . My suggestion is to go to your customs office and get a Form-1 . That might have info on it , and you certainly need it for importing . A lot of info is accumulating on this site in regards to importing cruisers into Canada . Thats awesome , and with our dollar as strong as it is against the USD , it's a great time to import !

Best of luck !

Tyler

PS : Search the archives here ... it's rich *S*
PSS: Change your nic :finger:

CDN,
I did do a search, but I wasn't able to find any specific info on the duty, or the excise weight tax.
Your example from another post:
US$15,000 rig * 1.30 f/x = C$19,500 + 14.5% BC Tax (I think) = C$22,327 + duty, repairs, DTR, etc
How much is the duty on a % basis???

Tyler:
The archives are sweet here
I use mazdarules on every forum I participate in to simplify logins

I think you can still change your nic though Geordie *EG*

Thats rare . I can trace you to your front door without straying off the shawcable network ;))

Tyler - Shameless padder ...

Call the border crossing you want to use. They will have all of the info, and you will be talking to the guy you will see when you bring your truck back. No dealing with the bureaucracy in the ivory towers. Much easier. He will tell you exactly what he wants and how much everything will cost.
Cheers,
Sean

Sorry - me bad - you have to look back a bit more - it was in an earlier thread. IIRC the duty is 6%, + provincial inspection, + DRL conversion, etc

Mazda - duty is 6%. I have the infamous Semlin spreadsheet calculator that calculates everything for you. PM me your email address and I'll email it to you.

PS - where in BC are you. There's quite a few of us BC guys here now.

Riley (in Fort Langley)

[quote author=mazdarules link=board=2;threadid=9859;start=msg87232#msg87232 date=1073617409]
CDN,
I did do a search, but I wasn't able to find any specific info on the duty, or the excise weight tax.
Your example from another post:
US$15,000 rig * 1.30 f/x = C$19,500 + 14.5% BC Tax (I think) = C$22,327 + duty, repairs, DTR, etc
How much is the duty on a % basis???

Tyler:

Figure in about 22% on top of the Canadian exhange dollar.

So if its 10000 CA you will pay 12200.00Ca by the time you are done paying fees.

The vehicle gross weight is 4760LBS

And check the last thread on this, one of the guys outlines everthing need for you to import.

Good luck

Rob
Radd Cruisers
The archives are sweet here
I use mazdarules on every forum I participate in to simplify logins

[/quote]

Thank you for the excellent infromation guys. Sorry I didn't search back far enough.
<------- currently residing in Victoria.
I switched the name :p

Search way back for "RIV", look for Semlin post. Likely in August or July 2003.

There's a chance that the border guy might not charge you the duty if he thinks that the 80 was made in the US (as some Toyotas are). It's happened before, but not to me.... :(

It's a good thing Dan works for "American Toyota". All the border guys assume those parts are made in the good old US of A.

R

[quote author=Geordie link=board=2;threadid=9859;start=msg87427#msg87427 date=1073628762]
currently residing in Victoria.
I switched the name :p
[/quote]

Interesting name there Geordie :) . Victoria must be beautiful to live in ... spent a short time there in 89 after I finished the West Coast Trail . Place had an interesting feel to it . Some beatnic undertones etc . Remember seeing a bunch of old beetles on the road ...

Did you leave the Okanakan ? Whats in Vicoria .. Camosun ? I wanted to go to college in BC way back for outdoor rec ... but took a different path instead .

CHeers ,

Tyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom