Image hosting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So on the forum that I used to mod for once you uploaded a pic it stayed up until you deleted it either from the forum or from the image site.
I use photobucket. So when I deleted pics from my photobucket it would delete those pics from the forum too.
How does this site work? My photobucket is full so I need to delete pics but I don't want to delete family pictures.

I prefer to upload to photobucket vs keeping them on a forum (as the forum has to pay for hosting via donations and I like having the ability to organize and quickly reference images in the future). My photobucket account is the free 2GB account and I got an extra 8GB by using the mobile app, 10GB is plenty of data for forums hosting for me.

If you need more than 10GB, you can increase your photobucket size for a fee Photobucket - Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing. I use smugmug for imagehosting as well, might be worth looking at them for family stuff and separating the two.

As woody will say "there's a reason you can upload directly to 'Mud. That way they will never go away." Look FAQ's and you'll find without any images anymore because they used a site to upload the photos.

Disc space is cheap. We have TONS of it. More than can be filled...and adding more is cheap.

I despise external file/image hosting...SO many great tech threads are now useless as a result since the photos are gone.

I've experimented with a forum plugin in the past that automatically takes externally hosted images that are linked on the forum and converts them to locally hosted. It was very buggy however...the developer has updated it regularly and perhaps it's time to revisit and see if it works.

Disc space is cheap. We have TONS of it. More than can be filled...and adding more is cheap.

I despise external file/image hosting...SO many great tech threads are now useless as a result since the photos are gone.

Great viewpoint and appreciate you ensuring there is plenty of storage. You've convinced me to upload here going forward (and keep copies on my photobucket account).

Thanks guys. I will be deleting the pics off of my photobucket after I post them on here.
I hate when you search for something and find what you're looking for and the pic is gone because it was deleted off of the image host.

upload test
20160828_102517.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom