I'm switching teams... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.havasubarney.com
Just kidding CruiserDan

Actually I liked to 80 more but...

a friend sold it to me and he found an '89 62 with 83K.
After driving it he decided he didn't like it and told me he wanted his '91 80 back.
I told him he was insane because the 80 has 210k, birfields are crying for help, and it's slower than Anna Nicole on a 8 pill high, but who am I to twist his arm.

Therefore I am now on the 60/62 team cus this thing is barely used. Only thing I don't like about it is that the steering ratio is too slow and is slow to return to center so maybe a caster adjustment is needed? I guess that will come with the SOA and 35's. Any estimates on the time needed to complete a SOA assuming all needed pieces are present?

nov10med2.jpg

that is one nice lookin rig..im doing a soa on my 60 right now and so far its been a week,but im doing it all by myself. and it looks like i got about 2 more a head of me. if ya got some buddies i heard of people doing it in like 4 days.. good luck...the 60/62 are hotter than the 80s anyway...al

[quote author=Sorry Dog link=board=1;threadid=7358;start=msg61397#msg61397 date=1068509489]
Just kidding CruiserDan

Actually I liked to 80 more but...

a friend sold it to me and he found an '89 62 with 83K.
After driving it he decided he didn't like it and told me he wanted his '91 80 back.
I told him he was insane because the 80 has 210k, birfields are crying for help, and it's slower than Anna Nicole on a 8 pill high, but who am I to twist his arm.

Therefore I am now on the 60/62 team cus this thing is barely used. Only thing I don't like about it is that the steering ratio is too slow and is slow to return to center so maybe a caster adjustment is needed? I guess that will come with the SOA and 35's. Any estimates on the time needed to complete a SOA assuming all needed pieces are present?

nov10med2.jpg

[/quote]

Clean rig! Are you doing the SO yourself? If so it is only a matter of how fast you are. If you are having it done, I would give it atleast a week or two. Remember that you will have to buy things like driveshafts and shocks after the SO.

You are indeed a sorry dog :rolleyes:

Good luck on your new project, the ferg's 60 is sweet. The S/O should cure the 60/62 tail drag just fine. :D

D-

Find the thread by theferg. He did his a few months back. Sweet, check it out.

That takes me back. My '86 looked just like that :'(.

CD took that well. Too well... I was hoping for some cross forum flaming.

Anyway- Ferg's write up was pretty good. The search engine wasn't doing it for me, so I decided to review ALL the 60 oriented threads- bout halfway done.

Boat pad decided to take a dump on me the other day so that ahead of this project but it's on the Jan-Feb project docket. Probably will enlist a weekend warrior or two to assist. I hope less than 50 man hours and maybe change gears the next weekend.

post-5-1067530432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom