I'm not a very good Cruiser helper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cafepress.com
Yesterday, I was heading up via 7th Ave northbound, when I spied a white 40 in the southbound roadway -- apparenly disabled -- and the guy sitting on the curb on his cellphone.

I pulled a U-ey and asked him if he needed a ride or a tow out of the road. Said he'd take a tow, since the towtruck was 45 minutes out.

Alas, neither of us had a towstrap! I had about 8 feet of 2" nylon web, but that probably wasn't gonna cut it. So I had to leave him there and head home.

I'm not a very good rescuer. :frown:

hey you did more then 99.9% of the people out there would have..

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
Thanks y'all, I feel better now! And I'm shopping for a tow strap. :D

And make sure you also have someplace to attach said tow strap. :)

MaddBaggins said:
And make sure you also have someplace to attach said tow strap. :)

And some idea of how to use it! It could get a little dicey if your first attempt was on a busy Phx freeway!:eek: :D

Come on out to the next run, I'll demonstrate some techniques. Not necessarily good ones...

-Spike

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
Would my tow hitch work?

It'll do. Take the hitch out, run the loop of the strap into the receiver and put the pin thru the loop.

hj60 said:
I know, I know! And it's gotten worse since I got the AC recharged. I always have to cut off the compressor when I'm idling. Makes sitting at stoplights nice n toasty.

The same place that recharged the AC flushed the cooling system, and it looked like they did a half-assed job. I checked, and the rad was still a bit muddy -- not nearly as bad as it was before -- but still yucky. I don't know if they skipped draining the block of coolant before the flush, or if they just flushed it once, or what. :mad:

Of course, being the lazy ass that I am, I didn't check until a couple days after I got it back. So I thought it was probably too late to complain.

I figure I'll wait til my next windfall and get it done again (somewhere else!), and have those cooling system parts put in while they're at it. In the meantime ... she runs a bit warmish. :doh:

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
Might this be related to the piercing screech I hear when I first start up the AC? :confused:

Probably not, the noise is probably due to the loose and/or bad belt trying to drive the A/C compressor. The fan clutch fluid upgrade increases the airflow through the radiator, a good thing in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom