I'm confused... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Is the GX470 and 4R on the same chassis?

Pardon my ignorance.

I really like the GX470 and was looking forward to a section with some modded ones. :cool:

Really?? The pres of my company has one as a lease and when his lease was up i was considering buying it out.

Has anyone wheeled one?

which? a 4R or GX? the GX470 is a Land cruiser Prado, the 4R is a Hilux Surf with the same chassis, just different body.

The GX470 is a great 4X4. I have wheeled mine pretty hard. With just a few mods it would keep up with most things. I am about to start my build up soon. I have KDSS which I prefer, but some think that more 4Runner parts would work best on a non-KDSS. Not a lot of aftermarket support, but it will be cool to have one of the few GX's set up to wheel hard.

TexGX

The GX470 is a great 4X4. I have wheeled mine pretty hard. With just a few mods it would keep up with most things. I am about to start my build up soon. I have KDSS which I prefer, but some think that more 4Runner parts would work best on a non-KDSS. Not a lot of aftermarket support, but it will be cool to have one of the few GX's set up to wheel hard.

TexGX

KDSS GX is a rare bird. You are lucky!

When i bought my GX, it happened that the local dealer had the truck I wanted with all the options including KDSS. It was not moving because most people did not want to pay the extra for KDSS. I got it at a great price. I love it.

TexGX

Dig it.

Didn't Motor Trend mod an LX 470 with some crazy stuff?

My memory is going, but regardless, I'm glad the Prado is on our site now.

I like dem trucks.

Dig it.

Didn't Motor Trend mod an LX 470 with some crazy stuff?

My memory is going, but regardless, I'm glad the Prado is on our site now.

I like dem trucks.

me too, when I was in Morocco I was creaming over the poverty pack Prado that picked me up/dropped me off from the airport.

FourWheeler magazine did a project called TrialLex. You can look at thier site for all the details.

TexGX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom