I'm completely Disgusted!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Thats it! I've seen the end and it is near!

Yesterday I saw my first chromed up, shiny, rollin on sparkly 22's...wait for it...

FJ CRUISER!!!! :eek:

Made me want to PUKE!

It was even uglier than the H2 I see around here that has black 24's and red-wall tires.
Yeah, I said RED WALL TIRES.

That is all. Have a nice day.

Do you mean this horrible abomination?

DSC03341.jpg

I see FJC's all the time with bling wheels and other crap. In fact one of the Toyota dealers had a yellow 4x4 FJC on 20s with some kind of silly low-profile "off-road" tire (the ones that the tread looks like flames, don't know the brand). :rolleyes: Shockingly, it sat FOREVER on the "Featured vehicle" pad in front of the showroom.

Not sure about the sticker. I just know it made my whole family cringe...

Although I love the FJ Cruiser.....I think it is bringing an element into the lancruiser family that is truly disturbing.....

I short story....I was out at Saguaro Lake in my 40 a couple months ago and a kid drove up in an FJ cruiser.......There were 5 of us and he asked if we all drove out there in my J**P!!

I wish more people would understand the history before driving a legend!!

Exactly!!! I'm a bartender and I have a few car dealer patrons and they're always telling me what a great truck the FJ cruiser is and how much better it is then the FJ40 they see me in every now and then.. If those guys weren't paying my bills I would slap the beer out of their mouth!

It looks like the new VW Beetle with those big white wheels and blue center caps...

:puke:

I agree. Disgusting. There is someone with a dolled up FJ somewhere on the Northwest side of town. I just shake my head.

:eek:i'm embarrasssed:eek:
i too have seen many abominations of this type:rolleyes:
it's not just a matter of form over function - imho they're plain uggie when decked out a large blingy XB. that's all

carl

but that was behind prolly 90% of toyotas decision to build the FJ, i mean some buyers know what it is but i'm sure the majority just see a shiney "cute" car.

i guess i'm i just dont get it or maybe i'm wacked, but with the exception of that thing above with the ugly white rims i kinda think they look good either way. they look a little tough when done up in the off road gear, but they look equally at home in shiny rims and low pro's. i guess toyota knew what they were doing to hit "mass prospective buyers".

now i'm going to say something very bad here, you can slap me at the next sonic meet i show up for. i am really likeing that four door jeep wrangler, but only with the hard top, i would buy one over an FJ. not knocking the FJ i just like the lines better, i really wish toyota would have gone more in that direction with the FJ, a modern 4 door 40 would be pretty cool.

Rhino, you are correct and I'm glad someone finally pointed out the emperor's new clothes... I think the 4-door Wrangler looks great too. Especially on 35s with a 6" lift. Plus it has REAL lockers, live front axle on coils, hardtop or soft top, fold-down windshield, etc. Come to think of it, FJCs on 37s with Dana 60s look badass too... Think 4Wheel & Off-Road's Ultimate Adventure FJC...

112_2006_sema_01z+2007_toyota_ultimate_fj_cruiser+front_view.jpg

ua_1.jpg

Toyota could have built a Wrangler killer, but they didn't. The designers were 20 somethings that had no idea (or didn't REALLY care) about 40s and the lineage. And it probably came down from on high as well. Toyota can sell EVERY FJC they build and then some. It worked out great for them but we as the real enthusiasts kind of get left out.

Oh well, that's what torches and welders are made for.

Luckly, living in the good old USA, we are pretty much free to screwup our vehicles most any way we see fit. Just about every type of vehicle has been blinged, exhibit A.
sema_14.jpg

:cool:

Bling has nothing to do with it.

Kevin,
Watch it. I went everywhere you did on that trip except you were sitting on leather. Its almost finised. My set up functions and likes to get scratched up. Youve pictured me stuck to a tree, doing a wheelie and so on. If I had feelings they almost would be hurt by your remarks.
Matt

I have seen and wheeled with some blinged out ones too.:eek: This one comes to mind;:D

Kevin,
Watch it. I went everywhere you did on that trip except you were sitting on leather. Its almost finised. My set up functions and likes to get scratched up. Youve pictured me stuck to a tree, doing a wheelie and so on. If I had feelings they almost would be hurt by your remarks.
Matt

You have feelings?:D

Last edited:
"The FJC isn't me, so I didn't buy one", thats a quote that shows how some folks cant follow they're own advice right there:flipoff2: dont bash, kev

Last edited:
Kevin,
I have almost cried once but that was only because I got hit by a car and that really hurt.

Rhino,
I wasnt bashing Kevin I just didnt agree with all the bling talk about my FJ. I consider Kevin a close friend and enjoy giving him crap as he does me.
Do I know you? Dont call me out until you know me.
Matt:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom