I'm Back In a 100! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I sold my first 100 a couple years ago shortly after buying the wife her 200. My old truck:

I had bought an older BMW M3 to play with and a cheap Jeep to get me through the winter. I sold the M3 when the market for them was peaking, and started working on another BMW. That car is done now:

So I started looking at 80's for winter duty...only to find out that the nice ones really aren't that much more than 100's. So I started 100 shopping and found a local 06 LX (black over gray) with excellent maintenance history, 134k on the clock, and at a really good price; so I bought it yesterday and I'm picking it up this weekend. Very Happy to be back in a 100! Some bigger rubber, and a set of sliders will be on order next week, otherwise, I'm going to TRY to keep her as-is.

Welcome back! Beautiful e28, too.

Looks kinda like an LS in an e28 to me...

Correct, 535is with a built LS1/T56.

That bmw is awesome. Congrats on the 100 sounds like a nice one. Do you have a write up on the conversion for the bimmer?

I'm perpetually shopping for my next landcruiser and my next BMW. I see a lot of BMWs mentioned, especially M cars on the 100 and 200 series forums. I suppose it makes sense, a landcruiser and a bimmer are a solid combo.

Most importantly, where is this E28 LS swap located? Looks super clean.

It doesn't officially count until you post pics. It's federal law or something.

Welcome back - Go State!

Yes indeed most of us drink from the same pond when it comes to cars! Love the e28 and would love to have one in the stable. I really enjoy having the combination of an e36 M3 and 100 series LC - two iconic vehicles that I plan to have for a long time.

When you say older M3, did you have an e30?

I've had an '87 and two '88 E28 series cars. I miss them to this day, and as the market is starting to demand clean early E series I doubt I will get back into another. Rust free and in sorted order they are commanding 20-30k for clean specimens online, and I haven't even seen a basket case for sale locally in over 5 years. I love the tilted ergonomics of the driving position and... There I go getting started again, maybe I'll self medicate by visiting BAT after posting.

Congratulations on your return to the 100. It really seems that these types of vehicles have the same niche fan base and strong community of support. We're looking forward to the pictures.

Yes indeed most of us drink from the same pond when it comes to cars! Love the e28 and would love to have one in the stable. I really enjoy having the combination of an e36 M3 and 100 series LC - two iconic vehicles that I plan to have for a long time.

When you say older M3, did you have an e30?

Yup, with a S50B32 swap

...and thank you for the wallpaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom