ih8 chocolate milk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this on Saturday. Too bad, so sad, now I gotta fix it. I don’t have the time or the garage to DIY, so I’m looking for shop recommendations. The google machine says that Bill’s Toy Shop is permanently closed. Can anyone confirm? I have calls in to High Country Cruisers and Built to Last. Anyone have a local shop they love?
1B2DE851-FC7F-438A-9A73-65FAA6183F63.jpeg

I heard that High Country Cruisers closed recently. I know on mud there is a list of preferred mechanics, I think there are some good shops close by in NM. No experience any local shops. I had my motor rebuilt in California.

You’re right about HCC, that business is dissolved. I spoke to the guy who has the shop and will be opening soon. Rick’s Harley & 4x4, or something similar. Says he owns an 80 and knows it well. He’s recommending installing a rebuilt engine. I’m going to do some further diagnostics first. Right now I have no sweet white smoke and no coolant in the oil. So I’m hoping for a tranny or oil cooler rather than the HG. I picked up a combustion leak detector kit and will run the test today hopefully.

You’re right about HCC, that business is dissolved. I spoke to the guy who has the shop and will be opening soon. Rick’s Harley & 4x4, or something similar. Says he owns an 80 and knows it well. He’s recommending installing a rebuilt engine. I’m going to do some further diagnostics first. Right now I have no sweet white smoke and no coolant in the oil. So I’m hoping for a tranny or oil cooler rather than the HG. I picked up a combustion leak detector kit and will run the test today hopefully.
I hope that works out in your favor!

I found this on Saturday. Too bad, so sad, now I gotta fix it. I don’t have the time or the garage to DIY, so I’m looking for shop recommendations. The google machine says that Bill’s Toy Shop is permanently closed. Can anyone confirm? I have calls in to High Country Cruisers and Built to Last. Anyone have a local shop they love?View attachment 2490663
Stay clear of HCC, now or if it opens back up. Good work, just no assurance on warranty etc. Also stay clear of Classic Cruisers for now. No qualified service techs. Look up Proffit Cruisers in Delta CO. May be higher is cost, but it’s all they do.

I don't know why I didn't think of it. But there is this great cruiser guy in Buena Vista. Doug at Well Sorted. Super trust worthy, does great work! If I would have any shop in Colorado do anything for me, that would be the guy.

Well Sorted Automotive

I don't know why I didn't think of it. But there is this great cruiser guy in Buena Vista. Doug at Well Sorted. Super trust worthy, does great work! If I would have any shop in Colorado do anything for me, that would be the guy.

Well Sorted Automotive
Doug is a great guy. Forgot that shop also. I've been by the shop and done business with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom