Idiot YouTubber Turns His GX Into a Discotec (Ditch Light, Light Bar & Switch Panel Install) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great content Jake! I've been wanting to redo puddle lights with LED's so as you get closer to your rig with your remote, not only with the interior lights come on but so will the lights under the rock sliders.
I'm also becoming more interested in ditch lights... Hummm. Biggest problem is I'll need to either add another switch panel or replace the one I have with a larger on (more buttons). I have a six button one now and that's filled with front and rear lockers, compressor and lights.

Great content Jake!
Thx buddy! I was thinking the rock lights were silly, but now that they’re in there, they’re my favorite part. All the disco settings are silly but they are really handy wheeling at night and as way brighter puddle lights.

The auxbeam panel is pretty in-expensive for what it does. I think the panel is like 300 for the one I have and they make a 12-gang too. A lot cheaper than switch pro. Time will tell if it holds up but I’ve had it out in the rain several times and even washed my engine bay this week and so far so good. I’ll let you inow if its still working well in a 12 months.

Reactions: r2m
I like that you can change the LED color's, primarily from white to amber without the need of lenses being swapped out.
Out of curiosity, can you do an SOS ( · · · --- · · · ) pattern with the lights? That would valuable in an emergency.

Thx buddy! I was thinking the rock lights were silly, but now that they’re in there, they’re my favorite part. All the disco settings are silly but they are really handy wheeling at night and as way brighter puddle lights.

The auxbeam panel is pretty in-expensive for what it does. I think the panel is like 300 for the one I have and they make a 12-gang too. A lot cheaper than switch pro. Time will tell if it holds up but I’ve had it out in the rain several times and even washed my engine bay this week and so far so good. I’ll let you inow if its still working well in a 12 months.
One of my wrenching buddies has had a couple of the cheaper Auxbeam panels on his camper for almost 2 years. I believe I have the same Auxbeam panel as you, and it's been installed since March. I've been through plenty of car washes, rain, and a few off road trips and my buddy's camper lives outside year round and neither of us have had any issues. It's so much easier than individually wiring switches and relays.

Out of curiosity, can you do an SOS ( · · · --- · · · ) pattern with the lights?
No, but great idea @r2m. Ive been chatting with them a bit and they love this idea. They can’t put it in existing panels but say this feature will be in future updated versions. When they update it, I bet I can get you a free one for passing on such a fantastic idea if you like. I suggested they make it a 4th mode so all lights can sos at once.

When they update it, I bet I can get you a free one for passing on such a fantastic idea if you like. I suggested they make it a 4th mode so all lights can sos at once.
BAM! That would be awesome! And add your idea of ALL lights flash at once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom