Icon Vector 5 on 200 stock suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After deliberating for sometime on what wheelset to put on my 200, I went with the vector 5s. Reason being is I have the rebounds on my Tundra and like them so far. Then came the question on tire size. I did not want a big departure on the stock diameter as I intend to keep my suspension stock. The plushiness of the stock suspension was what sold me the truck. At first I thought of 285/70s but they are inching to true 33s and was concerned about rubbing and it may look too tight inside the wheel wells. I made the gamble and installed ko2 275/70s. Below is how they look. I did put on some oem strut spacers. They rub while backing up and turning the wheel to full lock.
E5A05BA5-6005-4E96-9F77-5DC52BC8CBC0.jpeg
67117C37-BC2B-4176-B9A8-DA7F1009DF01.jpeg
3F2F594B-1DBB-4402-ADB9-BF982734FB67.jpeg

love them and the laces out too. I think they look better than the HE wheels. Probably cheaper too?

Looks fantastic! What offset are the wheels and where are they rubbing?

They are +25mm. It rubs on the mudflaps. Heat shaping may take care of it but I tried it with my tundra before and they basically went back to the original shape. 😂 It has not bothered me too much yet.

love them and the laces out too. I think they look better than the HE wheels. Probably cheaper too?

Thanks! I tried to get HE wheels but every place I called told me that it is a controlled part and I can only get it if I have an HE 200 so my next plan was to get the black trd pro ones and have them powder coated. The powder coating alone costs the same as the icon wheels. This is my first time doing laces out. Reminds me of my dad's 80 back in the 90s.

looks good! they are 18's right?

Finally - Someone got a set in bronze! Looks great! Offset on the icons is perfect. I'd even venture out on a limb and say better than HE.

After deliberating for sometime on what wheelset to put on my 200, I went with the vector 5s. Reason being is I have the rebounds on my Tundra and like them so far. Then came the question on tire size. I did not want a big departure on the stock diameter as I intend to keep my suspension stock. The plushiness of the stock suspension was what sold me the truck. At first I thought of 285/70s but they are inching to true 33s and was concerned about rubbing and it may look too tight inside the wheel wells. I made the gamble and installed ko2 275/70s. Below is how they look. I did put on some oem strut spacers. They rub while backing up and turning the wheel to full lock.

How is the ride after getting those wheels/tires? I upgraded suspension and tires (275/70 R18 on stock wheels - KO2 Load E) but now it's a bit too firm for my taste. Handles and tows really well but I wish it was softer.

Those wheels look a bit old school with the 200, I like it...well done.

How is the ride after getting those wheels/tires? I upgraded suspension and tires (275/70 R18 on stock wheels - KO2 Load E) but now it's a bit too firm for my taste. Handles and tows really well but I wish it was softer.
You are right about being firm. I thought at first that I would probably tow our tt with the 200 sometimes but if I were to do it again, I would go with the load c tires and just use our truck to tow.

Those wheels look a bit old school with the 200, I like it...well done.
Thanks. I was paying homage to our family's lc80 when I was growing up. Hence the laces out tires. It was the best all terrain vehicle I can remember we had and shortly after that incident in the pic(only pic I have really.) My dad decided to get rid of it and replaced it with a patrol y61. I can tell you it was a huge downgrade from a 4.8td 6 cyl to a 3.0td intercooled 4cyl.

054714D2-C480-4B99-B404-1F92133ABDBA.jpeg

Thanks. I was paying homage to our family's lc80 when I was growing up. Hence the laces out tires. It was the best all terrain vehicle I can remember we had and shortly after that incident in the pic(only pic I have really.) My dad decided to get rid of it and replaced it with a patrol y61. I can tell you it was a huge downgrade from a 4.8td 6 cyl to a 3.0td intercooled 4cyl.

View attachment 2574559
Yikes! That looks really bad.

After deliberating for sometime on what wheelset to put on my 200, I went with the vector 5s. Reason being is I have the rebounds on my Tundra and like them so far. Then came the question on tire size. I did not want a big departure on the stock diameter as I intend to keep my suspension stock. The plushiness of the stock suspension was what sold me the truck. At first I thought of 285/70s but they are inching to true 33s and was concerned about rubbing and it may look too tight inside the wheel wells. I made the gamble and installed ko2 275/70s. Below is how they look. I did put on some oem strut spacers. They rub while backing up and turning the wheel to full lock. View attachment 2471406View attachment 2471407View attachment 2471408
Where did you get these? Im about to replace my stock wheels and these look fantastic!

They are ICON Vector 5 wheels. You can get them in 17” and 18” I believe , and in 3 different colors. They are pretty much available at most wheel retailers. The 5x150 bolt pattern with +25mm offset is what you are looking for.

these and the EVO Corse Dakar wheels are the best after market offerings for the 200 series in my mind.

I was contemplating these in bronze on my white 2017. But couldn’t really picture what they’d look like. I went with bronze rebounds. Yours looks rad!

FYI with a 2.5” Ironman lift they still rub.

Took a pic when a oldie but goodie pulled into the lot behind me. And no the billboard was not planned….but in case anyone is in the same boat between vector and rebounds.

809418C1-18C4-4782-8261-3E517858CAB2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom