I think my dog is a member of PETA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tis true, and i can't believe it. I have a yellow lab and for some reason this has just started to happen. Any time company comes over lately my dog has been scared of them and will not even come up to them.

I went shopping one day and bought a new pair of pants and a new leather belt. As i opened the bag and was pulling the belt out, my dog started to growl and cowered away. He wouldn't even come close to me if i was holding the belt. I went and sat the belt in the living room and he wouldn't go into the living room. I thought that was strange. Now i'm figuring out why he won't go towards any company, they all had some sort of leather on, either shoes, boots, jackets, something.

My mom stopped by with new leather shoes on. Thatch ran away from her which he doesn't usually do. I told my mom to take her shoes off and come back into the living room. She did, sat down and then called for Thatch. He came in slowly, smelled at her feet searching for the leather shoes. Since she didn't have them on he came up to her. When she put the shoes back on he ran away from her.

That's crazy! I have never heard of a dog being scared of leather. I don't know what would have caused the fear, i've never hit him with a leather belt or leather anything. strange dog. :rolleyes:

I signed one of my dogs up for the "Go Veg" starter kit from the Peta people the other day.

I'll keep an eye out for who those bastids they sell his name to. No doubt he'll start getting Chase "Peta" Visa applications soon... :rolleyes:

As for the leather thing...maybe he was a cow in a previous life?

Maybe someone in leather has been "petting" him in an inappropriate way...
biker_hughes.jpg

Why does that picture look like Sharam in a hat and jacket? Avatar, picture, avatar, picture...coincedence? Hmmm.....

Maybe its one or more of the chemicals used to tan the leather. Concider that they found leather shoes near the Titanic, that is some nasty s***. Ever heard the expression "Mad as a hatter"

Hoss goes nuts with Navajo kids that have been eating mutton (abuse when he was a pup) and cowboy hats - even my barrel racing sister he loves. He was kicked by a Navajo cowboy when he was a pup! Hoss has reacted opposite - he gets very aggressive and charges and head butts the Navajo - which out here on the Rez a mean dog is Godsend.

Get him a leather collar or toy...and praise him -

How old?

Who has been around him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom