I saw an 80 with lockers for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw an 80 sitting in the Circuit City parking lot near Cottonwood Mall with a For Sale sign in the window this weekend. Here's what I know:

$9,000
124,820 miles on odometer
Factory Lockers
Color - Dark Green
Body looked good w/ exception to the tops of the flares losing clear coat
Cream colored leather seats in good shape
Sunroof
Third-row seats installed
Crappy aftermarket wheels with "Unique" center caps installed
Crappy small street tires mounted on those crappy wheels
I doubt it's ever been off-road because I didn't see any dings or scrapes on the underside

Phone number listed was 898-7152

I'd buy it if I didn't have some conflicting short term financial goals.

Marc

It couldn't be any worse than my 60 (13 mpg). And I'm sure I'd like all the creature comforts - fuel injection, overdrive, power windows, power door locks, sunroof.....
Then there is the fact that it has enough power and torque to actually get out of its own way and maybe a little extra to spare.

Marc

what year? oh like i could afford it, anyway.:crybaby: ok i'm still a little curious.

It was not listed on the sign. I did not call them. I'd guess ~'95 based on the level of decay of the clear coat on the flares. And I don't know the model year differences for things like grilles and interior details to be able to determine it. I'm assuming it's and FZJ80 since it had the factory lockers. I didn't think those were offered on the FJ80s.

Marc

Marc,
There are subtle differences that distinguish the different model years. The one you may remember is T-O-Y-O-T-A spelled out on the front grill. This means 91-94. As you noted, lockers are only on 93 to 97 so if it has the sombrero logo on the front grill then it is 95,96,97. If it has T-O-Y-O-T-A on the front grill then it is a 93 or 94.

-Mike-

The "cream" leather seats mean 95-97.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom