I need to simplify my life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At my house there are two canadian military trailers, two boats, two landcruisers. I must simplify.

My extra canadian military trailer came with the group buy that went to Glendale. The trailer is in pretty good condition, but it does have some visible rust. It also has a spare tire and rim.

If I sell this to a club member I would not look to make any significant money--that would be bad karma. I think I have about 1000 dollars in trailer and spare, but I will have to look it up. If I put it in the autotrader I am not sure what I would ask for it. I may end up selling my 55 as well, and I might try and sell them together.

I would also be interested in some trades, if someone has a proposal. I need a lift and winch bumper for my 80, or help putting new springs on my FJ55

Send me a PM or send me an email at jared.pitts @ gmail.com if you are interested.

Jared

While we are at it-- anybody looking for an ugly but reliable open bow ski boat (16.5 foot, 1983 caravelle, with 140 HP merc) for 3k or less, or a 72 FJ55 (350/350/203 and a bunch of parts), let me know.

Last edited:
RHINO said:
aww man i was hoping for a john boat, or something similar

I think you can make that trailer float. That is almost a jon boat. Just consider it a john boat with an integrated trailer.

Jared

Did someone say possibly a 1972 Fj55 for sale?!?!?!

Relix said:
Did someone say possibly a 1972 Fj55 for sale?!?!?!

Sadly, that could be a yes. But only to a good home.

Jared

RHINO said:
have you thought of an asking price?

Not really. I don't really know what they are going for these days. And it would depend if the buyer wants all my unused parts.

My unused part list is extensive:

1) split t-case
2) NP203 GRB/split case adapter for 203/split case doubler
3) ron davis aluminum radiator
4) custom radiator mount for said radiator
5) rams horn manifolds, adapter, and cross over pipe
6) ironman springs
7) assorted gauges
8) B&M oil cooler, tranny cooler
9) chevy truck seats with built in shoulder belts.
10) New Vintage Air Superflow AC Condensor

Let me rephrase that, my parts list is absurd.

The 55 actually runs well. It hasn't ever let me down. The GM crate 350 has maybe 45k miles on it. Almost all by me.

The 350SBC and turbo 350 tranny is actually a good combination. The NP203 is not that great, but that is the reason for the split t-case and adapter. It needs a better suspension-- hence the new springs.

It has FJ60 axles front and rear. Powertrax No Slip in rear. Almost new 33x12.50 MTRs and black rock crawler rims.

The bad-- it has a bad power steering gear leak. It needs a new front seat (which is on my parts list) and new carpet. It is starting to show more rust around the edges, but it is still pretty good. The rear window is not working for some unknown reason.

Long story short, I don't know what I would want for it. And I really want to get rid of said trailer and said caravelle before I make any truely rash decisions on the 55.

Jared

PS- is my 55 worth more than my little brothers jeep? Notice that he doesn't admit that he is selling it because he bought a landcruiser.

http://www.ifsja.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013556

Last edited:
Well if you decide to liquidate your hoard pile piece by piece, I'd be interested in item #5

"5) rams horn manifolds, adapter, and cross over pipe"

Man! I would love that damn trailer but didn't know they were that kinda coin! I just never looked into one... On the flip side, I'm doing the springs on my FJ40, if you need some help with anything let me know and I'd be happy to do what I can.

RHINO said:
aww man i was hoping for a john boat, or something similar

I've got a jonboat for sale/trade if you're interested, PM me.

So what in the hell is a John Boat? :confused:

I want item 3 and 4 -

I would also be interested in the Pig if and when?

I am going to break down and put this trailer up for sale on autotrader soon-- speak now if you are interested.

Jared

Jared, What's the story and price on the splitcase? And doubler?

BMAN said:
Jared, What's the story and price on the splitcase? And doubler?

No story. No decision has been made on the fate of the FJ55. I will put you second* in line for the doubler should I decide to part with it.

Jared

*second because my brother Sean has also been bugging me about-- he is thinking about putting it in is 60

That means 1st on the tcase though right...;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom