I need some OME suspension opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyway...back on the subject...the OME springs will be firm but it is not fair to compare the cruiser to the QX4. The QX4 is a unibody vehicle with independent front suspension. The only similarity is both the QX4 and cruiser have a solid rear axle and coil springs. Your cruiser is a truck, built on a full frame and the funny thing is here in America they generally have life easy. Toyota built these things to survive in some harsh conditions. With the OME it will be firm but it will be more controlled. The body roll will be decreased as well as the "mushyness". Is there anyone around where you live that may have an 80 with the OME? If you are ever out in Vegas drop me a line and you can test drive mine. :D

Thanks for the replies, I think I am getting a good picture of what it would/will be like to go to the OME.  I'd like to grab a ride in an OME rig, but according to the list JUNK put together on the SOR board I'm not even ballpark close to anyone else on this board.  No big deal.  

I more than tripled the spring rates on my car and did custom shocks with it.  With the combo, the ride quality actually improved...stiff, but more solid and accurate.  My impression from this post and reading on Slee Off-Road is that the change to the OME would be *similar* to the switch I did on the car.

Does anyone know whether I can match the spring rate of the front 861 springs with something similar (not lighter) in the rear?  Is Christo the one to speak with about it?

Mike

Mike,
Any of the guys at Slee Offroad should be able to answer all your OME questions. They have installed many, many of these combinations and they get customer feedback. We have only our own experiences and maybe a friend or two.
-B-

[quote author=shocker link=board=2;threadid=2176;start=msg16990#msg16990 date=1049997247]
Having said that, in a month or two I will be swapping out my current set-up for the full 850 & 863 (have not decided J-series or not) stuff, primarily due to changing & evolving focus of the vehicle.  If you can wait until then, I can sell you my springs used for cheap.
[/quote]

How many miles do you have your OME861/862 with N73/N74E? Still for sale..if so...how much you want for them?

Allen,
You win the Beowulf Award for the "Oldest Ressurected Thread" for 2003.
That's not a bad thing as you obviously are doing your homework via our friend the "Search" button.

The post probably would have been better via IM, but E for Effort...
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom