I need some fj62 advice.

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by todd a r, Aug 28, 2006.

1. todd a r

todd a r

Down time is an issue as well as cost.

1. The top tank of my stock radiator is leaking from the front seam. I haven't over heated yet but things are running from normal second line from the bottom to the third from bottom line. I don't know if it's worth repairing (more down time at the repair shop and maybe more $ if it's bad) or just replace it (I can do this with my wrench truning buddy in a couple hours) with, I'm thinking CCOT's "quality 4 core heavy duty radiator" they have on sale now.

1a. Assuming I go new is the above mentioned radiator any good? Is there better?

2. My transfer case check/fill plug threads are buggered. The plug will not tighten/loosten. It's already got an oversize plug. What is the prefered repair?

thank you for your patents, Todd a r

2. COSkier

COSkier

Check out Performance radiator. There's lots of folks here who've bought them, including me, with great success.

2 - oversized plug? Hmmm. Never heard of that. I believe it's a 14 mm nut on there. Is it really oversized? I mean, you know the hole was redrilled and tapped?

3. todd a r

todd a r

Thank you for responding.

I checked out performance radiator...same $ as ccot. ccot had all the hoses and a cap too. extra of course.

Oh yes it's oversize, about 24mm if you cam believe that. I have located a used t-case housing w/ good threads, fill/check and drain plugs w/ washers and a 1 year warenty.

$22 worth of gaskets from the dealership.

Everything will be here by the end of the week or eatly next week.

All told about $500 and a buddy of mine will help me turn wrench.

Best, Todd a r

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.