1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some fj62 advice.

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by todd a r, Aug 28, 2006.

1. todd a r

todd a r

Down time is an issue as well as cost.

1. The top tank of my stock radiator is leaking from the front seam. I haven't over heated yet but things are running from normal second line from the bottom to the third from bottom line. I don't know if it's worth repairing (more down time at the repair shop and maybe more $ if it's bad) or just replace it (I can do this with my wrench truning buddy in a couple hours) with, I'm thinking CCOT's "quality 4 core heavy duty radiator" they have on sale now.

1a. Assuming I go new is the above mentioned radiator any good? Is there better?

2. My transfer case check/fill plug threads are buggered. The plug will not tighten/loosten. It's already got an oversize plug. What is the prefered repair?

thank you for your patents, Todd a r

2. COSkier

COSkier

Check out Performance radiator. There's lots of folks here who've bought them, including me, with great success.

2 - oversized plug? Hmmm. Never heard of that. I believe it's a 14 mm nut on there. Is it really oversized? I mean, you know the hole was redrilled and tapped?

3. todd a r

todd a r

Thank you for responding.

I checked out performance radiator...same $ as ccot. ccot had all the hoses and a cap too. extra of course.

Oh yes it's oversize, about 24mm if you cam believe that. I have located a used t-case housing w/ good threads, fill/check and drain plugs w/ washers and a 1 year warenty.

$22 worth of gaskets from the dealership.

Everything will be here by the end of the week or eatly next week.

All told about $500 and a buddy of mine will help me turn wrench.

Best, Todd a r

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">