I need help fast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
as of right now my cruiser has its dash off. i got everything hooked up just how they wanted it to be in the directions and it wont start. The directions call for basicaly 4 wires to be tapped into on the igntion switch. the Black-white, Black-red, black-yellow, and the blue-red now heres my question i know the blue wire and the white are hooked up right becasue they get the right amout of power as specified by the directions but is the Ignition 1 really the Black-red? and the Ignition 2 really the black-yellow? the black-red gets power all the time when the directions says it shouldnt. does any one have any info to help me? the remote starter is made by DesignTech i looked all over thee site and can get the color wire chart for my car but it just says the same thing and there tech is gone till mon.

help me please
thansk mike

Mike, My book is for 94 and it shows that black/yellow as a IG1.

techinfo.toyota.com $10 bucks on your credit card and you can be looking at the factory wiring diagram for you truck and the repair manual describing the starting system.

Mike,

I don't know if this will help or not but here goes for a 97 80. The wires coming off the back of the ignition switch basically go to a connector (three or four inches away). Out of this connector most wires go to another connector about three inches away. The included pic shows where I made connections where the wires go into this second connector. I don't even have a battery in mine now so I can't test out the wires for you, but I hope this may be enough to get you going. I put mine in around 2000 - the instructions were basically useless/wrong as was Design Tech so I just had to test it out. Sorry, it's late here.

Bill

LX-Mikey,
Did Bill's diagram help?
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom