I need a computer geek ... Win 7 and Win 10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Alright,

I don't' wanna spend hours and hours trying to read all the threads on these two OSs and why two of my laptops have gone wonky. since recent updates. If anyone would like to dig into this for me, I'll buy you dinner. I'd rather rebuild an engine or slash my wrist with a butterknife than deal with uninstalling drivers and reboot for the umpteenth time :bang:

This week is preferable as I'm kid free.

Ali do you need Microsoft I can do it for you 7-10 you will need to go to eBay and buy a couple licenses 1 for each computer usually around $8 each and I can get you up and running with legal MS Windows OR I can set you up with Linux Mint 19.3 that is easier to use and is safer than Apple. This will take me about 2 hours to do.

I don't need to install 7 or 10, just need to fix the laptops. The 7 machine keeps crashing (blue screen of death) right after the OS update last week. The 10 machine can't even boot up anymore, right after the update last week; it's as if it's stuck in BIOS limbo land.

Unless Linx can handle autocad, and various Topo software, I don't think it'll work for me but I dunno.

If you have the keys for each then I can get you up and running by re imaging them. Windows 7 has stopped all security updates and is susceptible to many bad things I would recommend updating to 10. You can use AutoCad with Linux but then you would need a VM and cloud based storage. Do you use AC daily weekly because Linux has its own versions that work as well as AC. Let me know!

One got sorted but the other machine is still crashing. Running on safe mode with networking to see if it still crashes.

It happens when I'm not there. I think it happened again on safe mode with network. So, the next time this happens, I'll try safe mode w/o network or any other device driver loaded.

it's a laptop and thanks. I might take you up on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom