I have a 3rz question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
Does anybody here in the 90 series section know what transmissions came in the 3rz prados? did the 3rz prados still have the same a343 transmission?

I had a 3rz in a tacoma and 4runner and have always loved the engine, However I now have a kzj78 prado and I am wondering if a 3rz swap (if the 1kzte ever dies) is the way to go. Any info would be awesome. Thanks!

Hello Roastchestnuts

I have had four JDM Prado's now, one was a 2002 RZJ95. My two bits would be that yes the 3RZ is a bullet proof engine although thirsty and under powered. I know ppl boost it with turbos and superchargers but then its crazy thirsty and expensive. After having put many miles on two 1KZ-TE's I would say you're far better off leaving your 78 stock.

Cheers

I've never seen a 4 cylinder auto 90 series. I've only really seen manual 4 cylinders and auto V6 models. No diesels down here either.

Manual 4 cylinders use the W56 transmission found in hiluxes, early pickups and 1st gen Tacomas.
V6 autos use the A343F as mentioned.
V6 manuals which are somewhat rare downhere use the R151F also common in other models (KZJ78s use these as well).

I've read diesel variants for the 90 use the A343F and R151F, so I would guess the auto 4 cylinder would run the A343F as well.. That's probably not very fun to drive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom