I can't tell if my GX470 is leaning left or if it's just my imagination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a week since I brought home my GX470, and I've been having fun driving her around and learning more about the little things. One of those little things is, today I recognized a slight leaning towards the driver's side. I wasn't sure if it was actually leaning so I went back to the seller's original listing and recognized from one of the pics that the truck might in deed sit uneven, at least it looks like it this picture.

2005_Lexus_GX_470_s5dux.jpg

The AHC works fine, and there isn't a hissing sound coming from the rear suspension airbags. When I searched online, many say this is common with KDSS.
A couple of questions for the forum:
1) Is there a way to reset KDSS?
2) When does one know it's time to replace/eliminate the rear air bags?

Drivers side lean happens. I have it too.

Measure your hub to fender distances at each tire. Post your findings. You will be able to measure how much lean you have.

Converting to springs doesn’t automatically fix the lean. Some kits come with trim packs to raise your driver side springs. One or two spring mfgs adjust the driver side spring to eliminate the lean. Most deal with it or add a 10mm trim pack to the drivers side

Famous Toyota gangsta lean😅.
Tacoma, 4runner and even land cruiser have this problem.

Use one of this on the driver's side

There are single one for sale specifically for fixing the lean but they are not half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom