HZJ79 Double Cabin !! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40-GARAGE

I`ll be back....
Threads
Website
www.fj40-garage.de
Just found that on the Web and thought it´s worth to be shared with all other Cruiserheads ;)

TwoCruisers2.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

More Information in English Language is HERE the Site is actually from South-Africa.

There is a company in Aus which converts the troopy to a dual cab with tray on the rear.

They also do 80 and 100 conversions to dual cab with tray rear, and a 1metre longer whelbase version as well for a longer tray.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

Gotta love those strange looking utes.

The owner of the dual cab says the chassis wasnt chopped.If so,then the 79 series must have a longer wheelbase.I knew they added 50mm to the width so maybe they were stretched as well.All the 75 series have the back door angled off so the door can close around the rear wheel arch.
The aussie dual cabs are either cut down troopies or a cab chassis built up.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Marketplace/DealerCarDetail.asp?ID=2328986&NoOfRecs=6&PageNo=1

Another conversion done to troopies is an extra door fitted to the rear passenger side.
I was parked near one at the drive-ins and the family who owned it seemed to enjoy it.

[quote author=roscoFJ73 link=board=21;threadid=14126;start=msg131929#msg131929 date=1080957604]
The owner of the dual cab says the chassis wasnt chopped.If so,then the 79 series must have a longer wheelbase.I knew they added 50mm to the width so maybe they were stretched as well.All the 75 series have the back door angled off so the door can close around the rear wheel arch.
The aussie dual cabs are either cut down troopies or a cab chassis built up.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Marketplace/DealerCarDetail.asp?ID=2328986&NoOfRecs=6&PageNo=1

Another conversion done to troopies is an extra door fitted to the rear passenger side.
I was parked near one at the drive-ins and the family who owned it seemed to enjoy it.
[/quote]

The 79 series tray is 50mm longer in wheelbase than the 79 series troopy.

The aussie tray back dual cabs are cut down troopies.

The aussie tray back dual cabs are cut down troopies

Shed guy have a closer look at the link I supplied .The windscreen is removable and only the the cab chassis have this.
I still think they must have chopped the chassis. The rear axle looks like its been moved at least 150mm to get the door in without angling it off

Pretty cool, thanks for the pics!

79 series pick ups have a longer wheelbase than the 75 series or 78 troopies. Maybe this is why they can fit the second doors without the wheel cut out. In comparison look at this double cab 75. The section behind the rear doors is narrow like in the 75 pick up vs. wide as in the 79 in the pics above.

goodness that is pretty ill

i'd do a good bit to get one of those 7x's

malphrus

The owner of that 79 actually lives not far from me. It is really a neat machine, if I had it, I'd lift it a bit more, and put some bigger rubber under it. There is actually an outfit here that does the conversions, and apparently now it is Toyota approved. The 2 in the pic above were brand new from the factory when they were converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom