HZJ75 16" steel wheel help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SkiBum506

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone,
Im getting ready for Cruise Moab and bought a matching spare tire as my spare was undersized. When I went to remove my spare I realized its a 15" wheel, my other 4 are 16". So far I have learned that Tacoma or Tundra steel spares may work for my 1990 HZJ75. I'm looking at the 16"x7" steel 16 hole wheels, does anyone have experience running these? From what I'm reading I need a 3.5" off-set, I'm definitely a newb and any help is welcome. I have attached a pic of what I'm looking for.

70 wheel.jpg

Thanks for your help everyone,
Craig

This is what I run on my 88 BJ73. I got mine from a variety of places including eBay. I use a 3/4" spacer which I wasn't stoked about but they've been flawless and Ive since forgotten about them. I love them. They balanced perfectly and are to my eyes the best looking wheels in the world.

Rock Auto has them from time to time which I would recommend. On two separate occasions I bought a 16x7 and was shipped a 15x7 from the junkyard sites on eBay so if you're in a hurry keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info @Tennessee Jed. Do you (or anyone else) know what year range I need to be looking in for these OEM steel wheels? Also does anyone know if searching for tacoma vs. tundra wheels makes a difference in the holes? As in I noticed some have all round holes while others have two oval holes with the round holes. I would prefer to get all round holes if possible.

I have an 03 Tacoma and it came with this spare. If you'll search for the 16 hole 16x7 Tacoma steel wheel you'll get it. I don't know the full year range and don't know anything about the Tundra component sorry.

No it's definitely a first gen Taco thing. Or at least I know first gen Taco spares work.

Somebody said in here you don't have to use a spacer but I do t know if that's true and haven't tried it. Plenty of good reasons not to use this and to get the actual correct steel wheels for the truck but lots of guys have used them with zero issues.

I replied on the Troopy facebook page but for anyone else wondering, Stockton Wheel can make these for you. I have 5 on order and I think the style looks great. No spacers.

Thanks for the help everyone! After reading and talking to a few people I ordered a spare 70 series 16" steel wheel from Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting. Not the cheapest option but I won't need spacers with this wheel and thats what I wanted most.

Edit: For anyone interested I bought part #42601-60262-03

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone! After reading and talking to a few people I ordered a spare 70 series 16" steel wheel from Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting. Not the cheapest option but I won't need spacers with this wheel and thats what I wanted most.

Edit: For anyone interested I bought part #42601-60262-03

Hello,

Good choice.

If I remember correctly, that part number applies from 1992 to 1999. Tough and easy to balance.

Juan

Thanks for the info @Tennessee Jed. Do you (or anyone else) know what year range I need to be looking in for these OEM steel wheels? Also does anyone know if searching for tacoma vs. tundra wheels makes a difference in the holes? As in I noticed some have all round holes while others have two oval holes with the round holes. I would prefer to get all round holes if possible.

All 16" and 17" Tacoma spares will have the odd sized hole(s) by the valve hole. 17" is the only one that "two oval holes with the round holes". 15" is no longer being used.

42601-04240.PNG
42601-AD030.PNG
42601-AD050.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom