hzj73 suspension etc into bj75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys.rob from new zealand here.one of my hzj73s now has some pretty ugly panel damage.can anyone tell me or show me where i can find out wether i can swap everthing underneath(springs,shocks,diffs etc)into my bj75 without too many dramas?hzj is a '95 and bj is an '85.it all looks the same-the hzj may have bigger brakes though so would i need that brake booster too. cheers.

The 73 should have the 8 inch high pinion diff which shouldnt be a problem if you are transferring the whole assembly.
The 73 may have rear discs but the fronts should be the same
The 75 has longer springs on the rear and I think the shocks are different length

Doesnt sound like too many problems to me

thanks rosco.yeah its got rear discs which id like to use too if it isnt a hassle.rear springs and shocks on 75 are all good.it is a high pinion on the 73.i put some wheels on the front that were on the 75 and they were hitting on the caliper-i think i read somewhere about the brakes changing in '95 which is why i wondered if i should also use the 73 booster.any thoughts?how hard is it to find a good 75 cab over there mate?

thanks rosco.yeah its got rear discs which id like to use too if it isnt a hassle.rear springs and shocks on 75 are all good.it is a high pinion on the 73.i put some wheels on the front that were on the 75 and they were hitting on the caliper-i think i read somewhere about the brakes changing in '95 which is why i wondered if i should also use the 73 booster.any thoughts?how hard is it to find a good 75 cab over there mate?

Some countries got the brake upgrade (rear discs) but some countries still had rear drums in 2000.
Im surprised the 75 wheel hits the caliper on the 73 as mine are completely interchangeable.

The 75 cabs do come up for sale but you have to look around ,its not often a chassis gets destroyed leaving the cab in good condition.
Try Toyhatsu in Melbourne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom