HZJ73 jump seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang, I've recently purchased a 1990 HZJ73, but I'm still waiting on it to arrive to Colorado to my home. I have a question about jump seats. I have seen a few of the FZJ73 with jump seats in the hatch behind the rear bench seat. I'd love to make this work on my HZJ73. I've got a line on a set that came out of a 1994 FZJ73. Would these be able to install without too much hassle?
I had an FJ40 a long time ago, but I'm a rookie to the 70 series. I'm including 2 pics of my cruiser and the seats that I'm looking at for reference. I'm anxious to get my new cruiser. Thanks for the help!

HZJ73.PNG

HZJ73 cargo.PNG

FZJ73 jump seats.PNG

Sweet 'Cruiser, dude.

If yours has the mounting points for the seats (some will, some won't) then you're golden. It should be a snap.

My Troopy came without any provision to mount jump seats, so it was a bit more work. I documented the install in my thread here:

The seat install starts at post #16.

Had those jump seats in the FJ73 I once owned.

They are pretty cool but not very functional at all. They didn’t have seat belts either.

Expect to drill holes to install them if you didn’t have them before and I doubt your JDM cruiser did as the 73 series jump seat thing seemed to be limited to Colombian market only.

Here are some pics of what I had.

seats2.JPG

seats3.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet 'Cruiser, dude.

If yours has the mounting points for the seats (some will, some won't) then you're golden. It should be a snap.

My Troopy came without any provision to mount jump seats, so it was a bit more work. I documented the install in my thread here:

The seat install starts at post #16.
Thanks for the link. Your troopy is very nice! I guess I will have to do some investigating once it arrives to Colorado. Where in CO are you?

Had those jump seats in the FJ73 I once owned.

They are pretty cool but not very functional at all. They didn’t have seat belts either.

Expect to drill holes to install them if you didn’t have them before and I doubt your JDM cruiser did as the 73 series jump seat thing seemed to be limited to Colombian market only.

Here are some pics of what I had.

View attachment 2552027

View attachment 2552028
Thanks for the pics and info!

I still like to have a set installed but it looks like they are hard to come by.

Also from what I have seen, JDM 70 series have the 2nd row seats not in the same position that the rest of the world. It's more toward the front of the vehicle (less space for passengers legs).
So those jump seats in the trunk may look a bit weird.

Also from what I have seen, JDM 70 series have the 2nd row seats not in the same position that the rest of the world. It's more toward the front of the vehicle (less space for passengers legs).
So those jump seats in the trunk may look a bit weird.

So far the only 73/74 series I have seen with the small side jump seats are the Colombian models and you have to be tiny to use them.

My guess it was like what you see as an port installed option here on the new US spec Toyotas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom