HZJ73 Aussie Locker Part Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im not sure if the diff ratio or semi/full floater makes a difference.

Hello,

Full floaters are better suited for handling the extra stresses a locker can induce on the axle. Cheap insurance of sorts.

Juan

Hello,

Full floaters are better suited for handling the extra stresses a locker can induce on the axle. Cheap insurance of sorts.

Juan

What I meant was I wasn't sure if it would make a difference to which model locker he could use.

I would have thought they would be the same as a HZJ75. But that Aussie locker list is written by someone who knows nothing about 7* series model years.

I totally agree Rosco. She suggested me different lockers for the front and back. Aren’t they the same, both 9.5”. One of the diff lockers she suggested was for a 8” diff...

I totally agree Rosco. She suggested me different lockers for the front and back. Aren’t they the same, both 9.5”. One of the diff lockers she suggested was for a 8” diff...

After 1990 they went to the smaller high pinion diff on the front which is what I have. Im not sure about the HZJ73 , I havent seen one underneath, I just assumed they would be the same as mine.
If they are 9.5 like the pre-90 models, the front and rears are the same and interchangeable I think.
I tried to get a pic but the phone battery died on me. Will try again later

I found someone else's pic , but this is what my HZJ75 troopy has. When she says 8 inch Im worried she is talking about the post 99 diffs which I think were 8 inch. I think mine is 8.5"

s6301643-jpg.428873

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom