Hz oil leak question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have a major oil leak on my 1hdt that produces that size of a puddle. mine is leaking from the interface between the girdle and main block. get a good clean around that interface and see if it get wet there after a short drive.

it looks like im going to have to pull my engine to fix this issue. 😩. i hope yours is an easier fix
I replaced the oil line to the turbo and flushed everything with degreaser and carwash and I think it's fixed!!!!!

i have a major oil leak on my 1hdt that produces that size of a puddle. mine is leaking from the interface between the girdle and main block. get a good clean around that interface and see if it get wet there after a short drive.

it looks like im going to have to pull my engine to fix this issue. 😩. i hope yours is an easier fix
that's a pia

I replaced the oil line to the turbo and flushed everything with degreaser and carwash and I think it's fixed!!!!!
Nice one. That was a whole LOT easier than redoing the new rear main seal.

I'm glad you didn't let that oil leak stop you from buying her.

Nice one. That was a whole LOT easier than redoing the new rear main seal.

I'm glad you didn't let that oil leak stop you from buying her.
Thanks man. I am absolutely in love with this thing now. Got bumpers ordered and have so many little things to do now. Super excited! Thanks for all the help!

Welcome to the dieseasel club.

I'm about to sell off my turbo charged 1hz engine from my last cruiser, and it stings! A lot!
I might be interested in that. Are you in the states?

Why are you selling?? Just the engine?

Engine, complete. Ready to drop in a chassis and drive away.
Turbo charged.
Exhaust system
Intercooler core
Air box
Radiator

My old HZJ105 was parked long term undercover, but partly exposed to weather. It ended up getting water inside, and mould took over the interior.
I tried more than once to clean it up and salvage it. It ended up parked a second time and the mould turned the inside into a penicillin farm. Was a deadset biological hazard.

I salvaged engine and 5 speed and t case etc. Hoped I'd drop it in another cruiser.
I just don't have time or suitable space for another big project.

Engine, complete. Ready to drop in a chassis and drive away.
Turbo charged.
Exhaust system
Intercooler core
Air box
Radiator

My old HZJ105 was parked long term undercover, but partly exposed to weather. It ended up getting water inside, and mould took over the interior.
I tried more than once to clean it up and salvage it. It ended up parked a second time and the mould turned the inside into a penicillin farm. Was a deadset biological hazard.

I salvaged engine and 5 speed and t case etc. Hoped I'd drop it in another cruiser.
I just don't have time or suitable space for another big project.
Any interest in selling the intercooler?

Any interest in selling the intercooler?

This is the core I used.

Looking at the price on that website, assuming it's US based, you won't want to pay shipping from Aus. It would exceed the cost of the part.

Edit: link for US stock and pricing. At that price, not a chance you want me to ship one :lol:

Last edited:
The core I linked is a tube and fin style core.

Greater thermal efficiency than bar and plate which is what most ricers use coz it's cool

The one I have is really good quality. Flawless welds. No bent tubes in side the core, and no bent fins on the outside.

The cores have turbulators in them, most don't, it increases surface area and efficiency

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom