Hypertherm Powermax 600 obsolete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the chance to get a used plasma cutter for 850 dlls, a hypertherm powermax 600, this model was discontinued 2 or 3 years ago, and replaced by the new and improved (and a $1600 price!) powermax 45. Do you think consumables for the 600 will be available for the time to come? or will I be left alone with a plasma cutter with no consumables?
Thanks a lot.

I have a Power Max 20 that I bought used about 8 tears ago that I still get consumables for and I don't know how long it has been out of production...

Thank you!

I will try to buy the some consumables at the local welding supply and i will buy the pasma cutter this afternoon:D, i will keep you informed, and try to post some pictures.
Thank You!

Hyperthem Powermax 600 was the best selling plasma cutter. Hypertherm sold thousands of these models.

Very wise choice buying used welding equipment from a reputable manufacturer.

IMHO, MUCH better than buying a new made in china POS plasma cutter like everlast and longevity.

I have no doubt your Powermax 600 will still be usable long after the chinese one has failed.

Hypertherm has excellent customer support. They'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

How to Contact Us | Hypertherm

603-643-3441 Tel (Main Office) | 800-643-0030 Tel - Toll Free in USA and Canada
603-643-5352 Fax (All Departments)

I have an old Powermax 350 and can still readily find consumables. Good choice like others have said.

Last edited:
Got It!

Finally got it:D, cuts a bit rough but the tips are a worn, the powermax 30 that i sold to get this one cuts smoother, i will get some new consumables to see if that helps.
IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_1051.jpg

Hypertherm sold over 55,000 of the Powermax600's.....a great product. It was replaced by the Powermax45 which has more power, higher duty cycle, faster cut speeds, squarer cuts and longer consumable life.....and it is smaller. The 600 like all Hypertherm products will be supported for many years to come. You can still buy consumables and torches for the very first Hypertherm plasma systems that were introduced in the late 1960's!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

I have the chance to get a used plasma cutter for 850 dlls, a hypertherm powermax 600, this model was discontinued 2 or 3 years ago, and replaced by the new and improved (and a $1600 price!) powermax 45. Do you think consumables for the 600 will be available for the time to come? or will I be left alone with a plasma cutter with no consumables?
Thanks a lot.

My Hypertherm Story (Beware)

I have a poermax 600 that has hardly been used. About 5 hours total. I went to use it and it would not get past the first green light. Called Hypertherm technical support and they said it was a bad power control board because the red led6 was blinking. I got off the phone and thought about it awhile and emailed technical support and told them my story, Mathew from technical support assured me that the technician is correct and the board needs replaced. I ordered the new board paying $245.00 for it. Installed it and it does the exact same thing as the old board. I pissed away $245.00 on bad advice from Hypertherm.

I'll be happy to help resolve this issue for you. Sometimes it is hard troubleshooting over the phone....so don't give up just yet. If you can contact me directly with the date you called, your name, as well as the machine and model number. All tech service calls are tracked.....and I'll make sure we get to the bottom of it and get your Powermax600 running again.

Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

I have a poermax 600 that has hardly been used. About 5 hours total. I went to use it and it would not get past the first green light. Called Hypertherm technical support and they said it was a bad power control board because the red led6 was blinking. I got off the phone and thought about it awhile and emailed technical support and told them my story, Mathew from technical support assured me that the technician is correct and the board needs replaced. I ordered the new board paying $245.00 for it. Installed it and it does the exact same thing as the old board. I pissed away $245.00 on bad advice from Hypertherm.

Jim, is there any plans for a replacement for the Powermax 30? Since its been out for 5+ years.

Looking to get a Hypertherm Powermax 600 in 2016 looks like in good working order about 1K is it worth it

I'll be happy to help resolve this issue for you. Sometimes it is hard troubleshooting over the phone....so don't give up just yet. If you can contact me directly with the date you called, your name, as well as the machine and model number. All tech service calls are tracked.....and I'll make sure we get to the bottom of it and get your Powermax600 running again.

Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com
Hey Jim I have the pop to buy a power max 600 for $1300!!! My question is
That a good deal? Looks in pretty good shape. The seller said this unit retailed for $3500 not sure if that’s true or not. Anyway. Would be great if you could give me your honest opinion. Thanks Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom