Hydraulic line bust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have a 2006lx with 95k miles. The hydraulic line from the passenger side globe to the back shock has rusted enough to bust. What are my options to fix? I can’t tell exactly how it’s attached to the top of the shock, is that line made into the shock?. it seems very difficult to reach, is there some trick to getting to it? We are leaving on a trip Sunday, so I’m trying to figure out the fastest way to fix. Thanks for any input!

I believe you are looking for part # 4916460011 or (49164B on the graphic below)... you can order the part, replace (may require heat/cooling to get old fittings off), bleed the AHC system, and drive. Alternatively, it may be possible to have one fabricated, but I would strongly advise against this.

Awesome thanks! That looks like the problem. How does one get access to the top of shock. It looks super tight

It kind of looks like a panel above shock for access from cabin area above?

The more I look at the rest of this system the more I want to swap it all out. The accumulator/globes are so rusted I dont know if I can get the lines out of them, The line to the other shocks all look about to rust through as well. The rest of the vehicle is in good shape, not sure why the AHC system is so rusted. Does anyone make a complete kit for swapping out the AHC for standard springs and shocks?

When one of the lines ruptured, and other parts of the AHC system are rusted, i think it's time to say farewell and switch to regular suspension. AHC is great, i love mine, and it's so comfortable, but if i was in your shoe, i'd go ahead and just yank it out. If you want to replace the line, easiest way to get access to the top of the strut is to cut a 3" hole in the cabin directly above the strut to get access to it. If it's rusty, something is gonna break, you won't be able to get it out the traditional way. No harm in cutting the cab, there are tons of access holes there anyways what's another one? just seal it back up after and grease it so it doesn't rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom