Hybrid generators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a portable generator and I'm thinking about something that runs on propane instead of gas. Then I heard about the hybrid Yamaha generators that can run on propane, natural gas or gasoline. Anyone have any experience with them?

I don't want to overpay for something. It's tough to justify $3K+ for a 6KW and I don't need something that's the gold standard. I just want a generator that isn't crap.
Thx

Link to Yamaha generators that I'm talking about http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelspecs/622/0/specs.aspx

Check around, I believe most generators can be set up to run on Propane OR gasoline.

Check around, I believe most generators can be set up to run on Propane OR gasoline.

almost ANY gasoline engine generator can either be converted to or adapted to run on natural gas or propane-both high and low pressure. Adapter kits are about 300 bucks even for a large genset like the honda eb11K. Conversions are cheaper, but you have to sacrafice the carb to go that route.

Winco makes a tri fuel genset with a Honda engine. Check "Wise Sales" I purchased two Honda's from them and they are very quick shippers

There may be a delay because of hurricane Sandy though.

I've been thinking about those tri-fuel kits also. Here's a webpage that goes through the hookup of those generators and has a link to a podcast that discusses the pro's and con's of the setup. The guy on there recommended generatorsales.com.

My Honda 6500 came as a petrol unit and now it runs on Propane as well. Pretty easy to convert over using the correct kit for your generator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom