Hunter lake trail Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: Hunter Lake

Description: This is a scenic trail that runs from Caughlin Ranch up to Hunter Lake.

Date: July 27th 2016 or optional? post up best date for your attendance we can try to accommodate.

Leave Time: 8:30 am

Meeting Location: Grocery store parking lot off Caughlin Ranch Parkway which is off McCarran.

Trail Difficulty: 1-2

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: We should be done early afternoon

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3 2M 146.6

upload_2015-4-11_20-1-22-png.1059913

Last edited:
No problemo, Tony gave me the skinny on this.:) Yeah my home router took a dump about a year ago. Not cheap to replace.

I've never seen the lake. I always thought of it as a meadow with a puddle in it.

Bummer. It'd be nice to be able to jump in when we got there. That's what some folks did when we went over Peavine and Verdi to Stampede. It was a lot of fun.

Yeah not much water. Several times I have wanted to walk the meadow to see if I could find the water but it is real spongy muddy to get to it. That being said this year could be different.

Is anyone going for sure? Please post up:p I can change my plans if we get a few who want to go.

Love to but probably won’t. Too much going on.

Sounds good Tony. Hope your buddy and Ryan can make it. This will be a fast up and out trip for me. But if you guys want a cool trip that ends up in boomtown you could check out your maps and the trail continues to a fun run. Comes out by the fire station on the west/south side of hwy 80. Been a few years since I have done it. I think it is still be doable.(?) Stock ok run.

Sorry you can't make it Will. Life is busy.

Just got my springs changed AGAIN:bang:. Back to fj 55 in the rears. Using ruff stuffs boomerang shackles that give me just the added length I needed so it doesn't hit the rear frame rail. Hopefully now I have some up travel with shackle swing and spring compression. And having the stiffer springs keeps me from needing a wrap bar. The ride suffers but what the heck, it sucked before as well:love:. This should be a good shake down run to make sure they work. Besides my old shackles were trashed and the bushings had worn out on one side.o_O

Yes he was great. I actually knew him and his family about 15 years ago. He did a great job for a fair price. The bummer about it was the machining work actually cost more than the shackles did. Not his fault though. It would have been nice if ruff stuff would have just made them with the correct hole size for me:flush:. I don't think 5/8 is that uncommon.:hmm:

Yes he was great. I actually knew him and his family about 15 years ago. He did a great job for a fair price. The bummer about it was the machining work actually cost more than the shackles did. Not his fault though. It would have been nice if ruff stuff would have just made them with the correct hole size for me:flush:. I don't think 5/8 is that uncommon.:hmm:
Good to hear he is fair with everybody, we give him a lot of work and the pricing is always reasonable.

On our Way now we will catch up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom