Hunter lake trail Run

Thanks for posting those great pictures guys. That one of us coming up over the rise is amazing. Good shot will. It was a great run with more folks than I thought would show up. It was good to see Ryan again and a few new faces with new rigs that did great on the trail. Will showing up was a surprise. We should have left to hit the trail but we were all BSing and I look over and see Will and the magical RAM. Hunter lake trail is a beautiful trail that is easy to get to and do.

The ruts were about the same as the last time I did the trail. Usual snakey ruts with a trickle, that you try to straddle. If you don't straddle them you can still get through them, but with some major flexing and sometimes pulling a tire. The one "obstacle" is more user friendly and didn't give anyone in our group any problems. Going out and down we ran into a group of wheeling Veterans that were coming up. One of the Jeeps broke a front shackle there, but he was still rolling. He was going to ratchet strap it to the frame and continue the trail.

Tony_Farson

GOLD Star
It was a really fun day. I had been wanting to explore that area ever since I moved to Somerset area and had it as my backyard view. Sadly I am no longer up there. :(

I took a TON of pics with my DSLR only to discover that I had forgotten to inset a memory card. :bang: I guess I'll have to take another trip up there sooner rather than later!

I spotted a few places we could camp and there are some unnamed springs called out on GaiaGPS as well as a few other trails I'd like to explore that look like they make it down to the Truckee on the CA side.

1564681939237.png

Here's a link to the route I recorded

I am going to steel a few pics to add to the saved trail data.

Top Bottom