Huh? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my new rims and tires mounted yesterday at NTB. This morning I went out to do some work on it and noticed it had the lean to the driver's side - about one inch difference as measured from the top of the rear wheel to 1/4 panel on both sides (lower on DS). This wasn't there before I mounted the tires. I think I recall reading a thread somewhere that this has happened to others when their rigs get unsprung like on a lift. Is this true? Any rec's on where to buy the shim plate? Or better yet, I was looking at a 2.5" lift kit anyway - will this fix the lean or do I still need the shim anyway?

Appreciate some advice on this one.

Andrew

Look for a broken spring leaf on the low side. Did any of the shackles got inverted? Sometimes when a shackle gets inverted, the first leaf is bent to a point that only lifting the rig is enough for it to invert again.

Dave

Mine has periodic attacks of lean after spending some time on the jack or jackstands. I get all worried about it,then it goes away...no I'm not making this up.
Currently it is in remission, but it has not spent any time on the jack, either.
Really
Ed
Long :)

lose weight. :D

Just kidding, the lean thing is a typical crusier deal. Cycle the suspension, run up on some curbs. Ed's right, it will probably go away. If it doesn't, then go for the lift. :beer: :beer:

Blumel

Mine leans every month or so- and then I put air back in the driver side tires.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom