HoWiEpAlOoZa 7 2K6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tim Scully said:
FJ Trail Team here, we are looking forward to meeting all of you esp. this Howie guy. We will have 3 FJ Cruisers on site and you will have the opportunity to drive them on the trails at Rockport.

One more really great reason to go! Thanks Tim!

alan

40 is assembled...and even washed ;p

80 is ready to tow...

trailer is ready...

even bought food and beer....

hittin the road at 4p on Thurs evening, figgerin 7ish hours, if traffic cooperates....maybe less

445 miles, I run thru Madison and Rockford, and it's almost all freeway. figger 65 average and I'm just over 7 hours....and with luck, I can run a consistent 70-72 the whole way.

264 miles from Naperville to Rockport....
143 miles from Naperville to Attica....

6 hours for 264 miles....45 mph...yeeouch....

loaded up...on the road at 4pm... :grinpimp:
Dscn4790.jpg

1> Happy Birthday Howie...you turned 29 again in style ;)

2> kewl pink Bronco you've got there - hehehe

3> awesome band on Sat night, and some great pig too...

4> DUSTY Friday on the trails....DUSTY....then rain...then MUDDY on Saturday....great wheelin tho, nice combo of trails, challenge, and the rock courses to play on...well rounded location.

http://gallery.ih8mud.com/thumbnails.php?album=30 for my pics...

special thanks to the CI4WI gang for allowin me to crowd in with them, great group you have there, with a nice variety of capable drivers and rigs.

And, for those wondering about all the carnage, it was ALL wickers ;) LOL First, he greased his Newfields...apparrently water causes rust ;) Then, he junks his rear upper y-link...time to redesign. Fixed that and he promptly junked a driveshaft and flexplate on Sat morning.....

like you said, shoulda just stayed home.....bastid caused me to flop later on Saturday!!

forgot to thank our hosts....excellent location you have there, and a mere 7 hours for me....definitely worth the drive!!

they were there...I beat on a FJC for a bit Sun morning, but wasn't allowed to flop it....DID get 'er on 3 wheels tho....

instead of testing theirs, roosterdo tested my FJ40 - he's in the pics in the link ;)

the flop was funny...just trying a different line....no dice, too slick to hold it....
flopped onto Rob's side...shut 'er down immediately....minute later, Rob is out, looks, and is convinced I can drive out...

so, start 'er back up and move it about 10 back and forth...no dice...lol

never smoked once, even on it's side :D

That thing will never die! I think you can make it last for at least another year......

Side note, Did you ever catch uo with Troy about the chassis? Is he bending my four seater yet?

Troy and I talked when I was there in March...or was it Feb...anyways...I'm "stalling" until 2007, for reasons you know....

my two sticks of 7075-T6 alum are delivering tomorrow tho ;)

we'll talk more this summer....last weekend in June, CORR and the party, right? or sooner....I may sneak before then to Attica for a "day" ride....

OUCH.. Carnage.. Sorry I missed it. Looks like it was fun.. Got the update from Wicker last night..
I'd say a cover on the converter is in order !

OUCH is right oh well ,some times thats how it goes and thanks for the ride on sat. Woody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom