How'd you install your Sirius receiver? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of you guys have pic's of how you installed a Sirius receiver. Going to do mine this weekend and wanted some ideas. thanks

Someone whose truck is for sale here plugged his 12-volt satellite radio into the 24-volt lighter and the dang thing works! He mounted it on the dash somehow, like a cellular phone vent thingie, hard to see in his photos.

I have a portable Sirius kit that came with a mounting arm with a suction cup on the end. I took off the suction cup and screwed the base into the bottom of the dash, under the ashtray. It swings out and is almost at my fingertips when my hand is on the shifter.

Here's how I set up my Sportster. This threads shows some others' set ups as well:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/192796-satellite-antenna-install.html

I made a minor change not seen in the photo. I was getting a little water coming in the door because of the angle of the antenna wire shown in the photo. The wire is still run out the door, but I put a "drip loop" in it - i.e. the wire now makes a bit of a "U" shape so water doesn't drip down the wire. No leaks since.

I like the roar of my 2F over any radio station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom