how would you rate your FJ cruiser seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like my seats. I consider them to be comfortable. :)

When I read the title I knew how this thread would go & then reading the posts I was right... pretty much a split down the middle. I'm about 300# and 6'3" and loved mine, wife was 5'7" and she liked them as well. I noticed the wear on the edge as well, but then I'm large so that doesnt help. The fabric is a bee-atch to keep clean so I'd recommend seat covers as well, but I dont prefer the wet-okole because they dont breathe well (they are made to insulate you in cold water) so you end up with sweaty back half after long trips

Wet Okole

When I read the title I knew how this thread would go & then reading the posts I was right... pretty much a split down the middle. I'm about 300# and 6'3" and loved mine, wife was 5'7" and she liked them as well. I noticed the wear on the edge as well, but then I'm large so that doesnt help. The fabric is a bee-atch to keep clean so I'd recommend seat covers as well, but I dont prefer the wet-okole because they dont breathe well (they are made to insulate you in cold water) so you end up with sweaty back half after long trips

They seem to "breathe" OK for me. I LOVE the Wet Okole's...but I imagine they could start to smell funky if I jumped in the truck with a "Wet Okole" very often!!

I think they are very comfortable. I'm 6'5" and 315lbs. When I first got it I read on here about wear on the left edge of the drivers seat, so I retrained the brain not to slide in and out and I've had no wear problem at 30K now.

not soo much

i was just thinking about this the other day
i don't like my seats that much i was thinking about redoing
some 87 SR-5 seats i always stayed put when i was 4xing and they seem more cush too:)

I got the first batch of FJCs in early '06, and I think Toyota didn't think to add the fwd incline feature until later. Mine don't incline more than 10-15 degrees fwd of vertical. That really sucks for getting the infant carrier in the back seat because of the small suicide doors. Good thing he's older now. As for comfort, I get neck cramps from the seat after a few hours on the road. A more vertical seat back helps. I don't have a butt or back issue from them, but a friend gets back pains after a few hours. The fabric cleans well--beer spill on the first dirt run in Sedona. I deal with them, but if an opportunity to change them out comes along, I will.

So far I like the seats, but I have only had the FJ for a week or so and have been limited to short trips around town. Pretty reasonable adjustments, and the water proof aspect is sweet.

Keeping them clean, as other have pointed out, can be a pain...FWIW i have a Husky/White Shepard mix.... It looks like a rabbit exploded in my back seat.:D

I like the stock seats ok. But like 1911 said, everybody's ass and back are different. What's comfortable for me may be horrible for you. The farthest I have gone in mine is from Chicago area to Mexico, MO, and I found the seats to be of no consequence. :steer:

I put a 1/4 spacer under the front of the seat and cranked the leg support all the way up, in order to distribute the weight a little better, trying to minimize "fj butt" syndrome. I also use the high adjustment to maximize the tilt towards the back, as this also impacts the lean allowed. Specially for longer drives I adjust this setting on the go. This helps some, but after 3 hours non-stop driving I still have to stop and stretch.

My most comfortable seats are in my 85 Bronco II as they offer more leg support and better weigh distribution, as well as lower back support. No problem driving for hours on end (pun intended).

Bjorn

The FJ seats aren't horrible..but they aren't that great for me either. i can't drive more than about 120 miles in them without getting out to stretch and walk around cuz my ass and back start to hurt. my dads redone FJ40 seats are amazing however.. jus my findings

I love mine, I never get uncomfortable. I also put in neoprene seat covers. They too hold dust but are easy to remove and wash. But the longest trip I've been w/ it was 8 hours w/ breaks. However I'm about to drive to Montana so that will give them a good test.

They don't repel milk from a baby bottle very well, but they are comfortable and look good.

The first place I drove my FJC was all the way home from Albuquerque to Dallas. It took about 13 hours, and my but hurt afterwords. But then my but always hurts so it could just be me. Otherwise they seem about as good as any other car seat I've sat on.

Very comfortable

My wife and I put over 2,700 miles last summer going to and from the Summit and found the seats to be very comfortable. We just got back from another trip to Colorado and put 3135 miles on the FJ Cruiser and were just as comfortable as the last trip. My wife really likes the way the seat pumps up letting her see over the steering wheel.

The FJ seats are comfortable -- moreso than the Honda Element. But, the seat backs do not tilt forward to make it easier to access the rear seat/cargo area.

My wife and I hated ours, we refered to it as FJ butt. We have since replaced them with Corbeau Suspension seats, much preferred.

Yeah, think I'm about to do the same...

I have back issues, so I think the suspensions seats will be a better fit, overall.

My wife is trying to talk me into adding seat heaters to ours, Annie that may be something to look into for you as well, the heat would most likely help your back. We have seat heaters in the Volvo and it helps when my back is bugging me. I've not researched aftermarket heaters yet but when I do I will tell you what I've found.\

Dealer replaced seat!

I find the seats fine
The fabric wears FAST if you wear jeans and "slide" in and out a lot.
Wet Okole's solved my problem with that, but they tend to PU pet hair, etc. as well (but not as bad as the sandpaper seats).

I had double-trouble.
A "sinking seat syndrome 9there's a TSB on that one), and a worn spot in the upper bolster where the side air bag module is. Wore a hole clean through.

After complaining up to district rep, got seat replaced!
Wet Okole's back on and hopefully no more excessive wear.

Get scoth guard!

They don't repel milk from a baby bottle very well, but they are comfortable and look good.

Spray it on now & then...OR get good seat covers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom